Quotient seeks a Network Engineer to support our Federal Government client at their Ft. Meade, Maryland location .
You must have a current Secret or Top Secret active clearance
• Analyze and evaluate networking requirements, design, and development of network topologies and architectures to include hardware and software identification, network test and evaluation, operational and performance analysis, network upgrades and modifications, and implementation of network security and information assurance measures
• Provide expert technical support to investigate and resolve complex issues on F5 products (software and hardware to include F5 BigIP, F5 Local Traffic Manager)
• Take ownership of technical issues of any complexity with minimal need for supervision or assistance
• Assist by verifying network solutions and ensuring that appropriate products and services have been selected to satisfy client requirements
• Work with infrastructure development including Palo Alto Firewalls and Palo Alto Panorama Responsible for upholding F5’s security and performance posture
• Perform additional related duties as required
• 5+ years of specific network hardware systems engineering experience
• Cisco Certs (CCNA or CCNP)
• Familiarity with hardening assets in accordance with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team, in researching and evaluating data, and developing analytical techniques and methodologies
• 8+ years specific network engineering experience
• Knowledge of the labs, systems, and networks that comprise the DISA network environment at Ft Meade, MD
• Ability to diffuse complicated technical and political situations with enterprise customers
• Technical knowledge of TCP/IP and Linux
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge with network devices (routers, switches, etc.), including such topics as HTTP headers, ISO layers, and TCP flags; intermediate-level knowledge of SSL (particularly server-based) and DNS admin experience
• Familiarity with F5 load balancing and security products like BigIP
• Very good interpersonal and presentation skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to articulate and educate customers about complex technology in a simple way
• F5 Professional Security Certifications would be advantageous
• Familiarity with Cisco, Brocade and Juniper LAN/WAN switches and routers
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Quotient provides customized technology solutions primarily to the US Federal Government, including those in the defense and civilian communities.
Education and training reimbursement; computer purchase program; flextime
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.