Position Title: Network/Systems Architect 4
Location: Washington, DC
Description: We are seeking a qualified candidate to work with the Veterans Administration's Enterprise System Engineering/Capacity Management for Telecommunications team. The selected individual will serve as a member of a team that provides Enterprise level recommendations based on capacity projections and application usage, to VA senior leadership, including the CIO, on enterprise communications. Provide escalation support when issues arise, deployment support for new technologies or architectures in the Washington, D.C. office.
POSITION of TRUST/SUITABILITY REQUIREMENT:
Please be aware that this position requires a U.S Government Public Trust/Suitability determination. Applicants who accept an offer of employment will be subject to government security investigation(s) and must receive a favorable suitability determination for access to U.S Government information for continued employment. The government investigation for this position includes a credit check.
• Make architecture recommendations to support the growing needs of the VA based on new application deployments
• Test the recommendations for enterprise compatibility in the state of the art network design lab
• Provide on-call escalation support in the event that an issue arises that cannot be rectified by the network operations team
• Write white papers on new technology uses in the VA and how it will help support the mission of the VA
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required. 5 years relevant experience is required. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: CCNA
• 5+ years’ experience in a large enterprise environment involving network architecture and management
• Knowledge and understanding of Network management and application analysis tools is required (NetScout, SolarWinds) and (OpNet preferred)
• Experience with router and switch administration (Cisco experience preferred)
• Understanding of capacity management/planning techniques and processes
• An in-depth knowledge/understanding of carrier circuits to include, but not limited to OC3, DS3, T1, and Ethernet Transport Services.
• Ability to work across multiple projects; provide written/verbal status updates on each project on a regular basis to the team lead, Program Manager and customer
• BGP, OSPF, EIGRP knowledge is a must
• Knowledgeable with MPLS-VPN carrier offerings
• Knowledgeable of VoIP solutions
• Ability to interact with executive level Veterans Administrative staff
• Desire to learn new technologies and methods of data/voice communication
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Salient CRGT (SCRGT) is a leading technology company providing health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
Salient CRGT is dedicated to providing you with a competitive, cost-effective, and comprehensive benefits package. Your benefit offerings are designed to provide you and your family with benefit solutions that help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.We provide new dynamism and innovative thinking to address their opportunities and challenges through:
Greater technical experience and broader resources
Precise alignment with mission requirements
Faster time to impact
Robust quality management program
Multiple federal contract vehicles
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.