1 Source is looking for a Network Engineer I to work collaboratively with other contractors and federal staff at the Department of Energy (DOE). Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance and performs general technical tasks for network architecture planning
- Provides support for one or more specific areas associated with network-architecture technology, interoperability, or integration
- Supports the development of technical analyses, white papers, or research for specific technical areas of network architecture
- Assists in general analysis on network interoperability topologies, technologies, interfaces, and protocols
- May be responsible for designing the Cloud Computing Network stack to enable broad network access to ensure on-demand self-services across Cloud Deployment Models
- May be responsible for designing virtual network as service and the network for Cloud Optimized Storage
- May be responsible for designing or transitioning to new networks
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, or related field
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge in one or more aspects of telecommunications and Cloud Computing network architectures for Government applications
- May possess broad knowledge in network integration, network interoperability, network implementation, Cloud Computing infrastructure, Cloud Computing Deployment Models, telecommunications technologies, or network protocols
- Working with customer to define requirements to design/redesign and deploy Heterogenous Network Environments (Cloud Computing Network & On-Premises)
- Routing and switching experience configuring Cisco and Juniper platforms
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing technologies (AWS, GovCloud, C2S)
- Implementing Automation best practices (Python/Ansible)
- Analysis and recommendations for the continuous improvement of cloud network and security
- Experience troubleshooting complex layer 2 and layer 3 issues
- Project Management tracking tools such as JIRA
- COMSEC Monitoring/Inventory Tools such as GEM-X and GEMONE
- Implement, upgrade, configure network monitoring tools such as SolarWinds
- Assist Sr. Architect as needed
- Comply with configuration management, change management and other policy management documentation requirements
- Top Secret security clearance or DOE “Q” clearance is required
- TS/SCI security clearance is strongly preferred
- Washington, DC
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.