THE CENTECH GROUP, Inc. (CENTECH®) is seeking a Network Engineer II. The person in this posiiton will support the 614th Air and Space Operation Center (614 ACOMS) located at Vandenberg AFB, CA. Providing knowledge and instillation of Crypto devices, switches, virtual local ara networks (vLANs) and private networks. They will be responsible for the installation, modification, repair and maintenance of voice, video and data cabling systems. This person will be completing survey installation areas to determine work methods, tools, materials, etc. This person will install configure and support organizations local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. They will perform installation and service of low voltage category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling, communication equipment and other various low voltage related systems such as Category 5, Enhanced Category 5, Category 6, Category 6A and fiber optic Structured cable distribution systems.
• Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability
• May monitor and test website performance to ensure websites operate correctly and without interruption
• Administer network security measures
• Work with Server Admin Team to troubleshoot Ports and vLANS
• Work With Cyber Security Team to install Crypto Devices
• Assist Client Systems Technicians to diagnose and resolve Ootages
• Install Mission Weapon Systems for the Combined Space Operations Center
• Work With Cyber Security Team to Maintain Taclanes
• Must have three to five (3-5) years’ experience relevant experience and an associate's degree in related field (or equivalent experience).
• Must have three to five (3-5) years’ experience pulling, terminating, low volt cable, fiber cable.
• Must have three to five (3-5) years’ experience with basic cable trouble shooting skills. Would be nice to have access point skills
• Must have Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information Clearance (TS/SCI)
• Must have familiarity with Non-classified Internet Protocol (IP) Router Network (NIPRNet), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), and Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System (JWICS)
• Must possess a basic understanding of computer network cabling
• Must have ability to physically install category 5, enhanced category 5, category 6, and fiber optic cables
• Must have experience with structured cable such as cable pulling, installing, terminating, repairing, and maintaining
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance, climb a ladder, and work in cramped spaces
• Must have CompTIA Security+ certification
• Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher is preferred
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Since 1988, The CENTECH GROUP has been a proven, successful provider of systems and solutions on over 5,000 federal government contracts/task orders and 150 mission-critical software development projects.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.