Available Locations : Temple Terrace, FL ; Irving, TX
Responsible for deploying the next generation of routing and switching gear while maintaining our current world class infrastructure to ensure the highest availability. You will be implementing and maintaining network devices at Edge locations i.e. Head Quarters (HQ), Retail Stores, Call Centers, Dispatch, Garages, Central Offices, and People Center locations. Your role will be pivotal as the work you do enables our employees to service our customers and drive revenue!
• Configure, support, and maintain network routers, switches and other network technologies per assigned projects
• Light Project Management of migration between networks
• Build valid configurations for implementation based upon design and/or technical concepts
• Follow standard operating procedures for new configurations and change
• Ensure configuration and feature consistency is maintained across the network infrastructure.
• Interact and coordinate with project managers, end user support, site support, vendors, consultants, planning and engineering in order to implement network solutions.
• Implement operational efficiencies by utilizing networking tools to automate routine implementation
• Work hands-on with both internal teams and external vendors, carriers, clients, to add or modify network connectivity and when necessary, troubleshoot and identify sources of problems and bring issues to resolution
• Perform network asset management by creating inventory for spare equipment and shipment to storage facilities
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• At least 5 years of experience in a hands-on network role with a focus on Cisco technology (Strong understanding of Cisco technology, including 2800, 3800, 6500, 7000-series
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite and/or GSuite
• Strong understanding/troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods including:
• Layer 1 (e.g., Copper cabling troubles / fiber signal strength, cabling standards)
• Layer 2 (e.g., Spanning-tree, VLAN tagging, MAC address tracing, ARP issues, vPC)
• Layer 3 (e.g., Routing troubleshooting, BGP attributes, prefix length issues)
• Layer 4 (e.g., Load balancer and Firewall troubleshooting; BGP session troubleshooting)
• Layer 5 thru 7 (e.g., DNS issues; assisting with identifying application issues masquerading as a network issue)
• IPv4 and IPv6 experience – support and implementation
• Packet capture and analysis experience (Sniffer, Wireshark, etc.)
• Experience with circuit troubleshooting
• Experience with Whitebox, SD-WAN Technology
• Ability to script in Python, Perl, or a Linux shell
• A Focus in Implementation of an Edge Network incl. Cisco Routers/Switches, SD-WAN, Whitebox Technology (non-vender specific), Monitoring Tools, HPNA.
• Experience working in large cross-functional or enterprise-wide project teams.
• Knowledge of agile methodologies
• Excellent Verbal and Written Communications
• Cisco CCNA certification in Routing / Switching or Datacenter or equivalent experience.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.