Information Providers Ltd is working with Ireland’s leading Cloud Services Provider, providing flexible, secure and highly available systems to a wide range of Irish and international clients. We are seeking a network support engineer to join our Dublin based team.
This is a permanent support role which will offer the right candidate significant opportunity for development and advancement of their career in Networking.
• Work within a support team with varied skill sets and experience
• Support customer network environments & respond to change requests
• Maintain and improve documentation of customers' network environments
• Provide Level 2-3 troubleshooting to resolve technical issues
• Work within change management policies to ensure success of changes
• Deployment of physical or virtual firewalls – primarily Cisco ASAs & Palo Alto as per best practices
• Access rule creation & troubleshooting connection issues
• IPSec VPN creation & troubleshooting
• Strong use of syslog & SolarWinds for troubleshooting
• VLAN management internally
• Familiarity with load balancing configuration
• Dealing with firewall vendors & ISPs
• Documentation creation – Visio diagrams
• Dealing with new environment creation in a data centre environment.
Essential skills and experience:
• Networking – routing & switching, preferably using Cisco or equivalent (min CCNA level)
• Cisco ASA Firewall experience required
• Palo Alto, Juniper or Checkpoint firewalls would be advantageous
• At least 5 years relevant experience in a support role
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
• 3rd level degree in a relevant field
• Conscientious, trustworthy and capable of organizing and delivering on tasks within a team environment
• Customer focused
• Ambitious & eager to learn and develop skills
• Strong troubleshooting and communications skills essential
• Great attention to detail
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.