Global Command Terrestrial Communications engineering, and network communications system support services in support of DoD customer requirements at worldwide locations. These services include program management, system engineering support, hardware/ software installation support, local distribution, infrastructure upgrade, Information Technology (IT) system engineering and implementation and operations maintenance support to manage multiple worldwide classified networks.
Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN) and coordinates with network and system engineers. Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
• Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
• Applies patches and upgrades to the network as needed.
• Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
• May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
• May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
Provide regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
Apply patches and upgrades to the network as needed.
Prepare or ensure that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
• Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
• Please be aware that this position requires a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Associate's degree in any IT related discipline. (Prior military service can be substituted for the degree)
• CompTIA Security + (must provide copy of certification for submittal) CompTIA Network + (must provide copy of certification for submittal)
• 5 years system administration or network administration experience.
• Experience with VM Ware.
• Experienced with MS Windows Server 2008, Exchange Server 2007, and Active Directory.
• Extensive experience with different routing protocols.
• Experience with MultiCast
• Possess a valid and current U.S. Passport and Driver’s License.
• 100% Travel required (job will be located in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Qatar, Djibouti, or Jordan)
• Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.
• Medically/Physically fit for deployment with U.S. Military Forces Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) under the provisions of USCENTCOM Medical Standards.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Salient CRGT (SCRGT) is a leading technology company providing health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.
Salient CRGT is dedicated to providing you with a competitive, cost-effective, and comprehensive benefits package. Your benefit offerings are designed to provide you and your family with benefit solutions that help you stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a work/life balance.We provide new dynamism and innovative thinking to address their opportunities and challenges through:
Greater technical experience and broader resources
Precise alignment with mission requirements
Faster time to impact
Robust quality management program
Multiple federal contract vehicles
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.