Our Global Technology Services is adding an Engineer (NOC) to its team in Longmont, CO. The role of this team is to support voice and network elements to maintain 911 networks. This role is a 4x10 hour Sunday-Wednesday day shift (6AM-4PM). In order to be successful in this role, you must possess strong communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment and have a strong background in voice and network platforms. Additional core responsibilities include:
• Outage response, high-level systems analysis, evaluation, documentation, and implementation requiring a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills related to the IEN/VoIP platform
• Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on outage response and repair, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing, and acceptance phases
• Responsible for ensuring quality services are delivered for particular task(s) and is seen as the task leader
• Coordinate strategies for rapid repair, deployment, and maintenance of IP telephony voice communication architecture and the IEN-Voice network, its component hardware/software, and IP telephony/voice applications
• This includes VoIP/IEN-Voice initiatives and configuring/optimizing all VoIP telephone systems and services, both internally, and those integrated with Internet-based services
• Ability to take call on a rotating basis
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most-Information to Insight
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field required
• Experience can be substituted for educational requirements
• Minimum of 3+ years voice engineering work experience or similar position/role required
• Minimum 3 years of related Voice Network operations experience required
• Minimum 3 years first-hand knowledge of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP protocols preferred
• Minimum 3 years first-hand knowledge of ACME SBC (configurations, HMR's etc.) preferred
• Minimum 3 years first-hand knowledge of Sonus (GSX, PSX, SGX etc.) preferred
• Minimum 3 years PBX and Circuit based telephone network experience preferred
• Minimum 3 years T1/DS0/DS3 provisioning/test and turn-up and years of circuit switch/PSTN network experience preferred
• CCNA/CCNP preferred
• A strong understanding of VOIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies
• In-depth/strong technical knowledge of ACME SBC (configurations, HMR's etc.)
• Strong knowledge of configuration and optimization of VOIP equipment
• Must have direct experience with Cisco switches and routers
• In-depth/strong understanding of MOS Score, Jitter and all VOIP related troubleshooting methods
• In-depth knowledge of SIP monitoring/debugging/troubleshooting tools using Hammer E-XMS/Wireshark/call generator or other related tools
• First-hand knowledge of Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) network builds
• In-depth/strong technical knowledge of circuit switch/PSTN network
• Strong technical knowledge of Sonus Soft switches (GSX/PSX/SGX/GSI/EMS etc.)
• Cisco and Juniper network router and switches
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission-critical. Intrado, formerly West develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.