Physical Design Engineer
Currently looking for an experienced Physical Design Engineer to fill an opening with a company located in Austin, Texas. Interested candidates should have 7+ years of relevant experience in Physical Design
Responsibilities for Physical design engineer:
• Hands-on responsibility from synthesis to place and route of a complex GPU
block through signoff flows including timing and physical verification
• Synthesis, Floor plan, Place & Route in chip-level and hierarchical physical
• Running MBIST and DFT insertion into block, understanding impact of
MBIST/Scan and debug logic is desirable
• Interact with RTL counterpart to resolve design issues pertaining to block
• Ability to work independently to make good technical trade-offs between
power, area, timing
• Ability to work well in a team setting
• Assist design leads to own and drive critical design issues to closure.
Requirements for Physical design engineer:
• MSEE or BSEE with 7+ years relevant experience preferred (or equivalent
education and experience)
• Strong communication skills, team player working in collaborative work
environment, discipline and planning; ability to execute with high quality
deliverables is a must
• Solid understanding and working knowledge of the GPU/ASIC design flow with
solid experience in taping out designs
• Experience with 16nm finfet or smaller process nodes is strongly preferred
• Hands-on experience with synthesis, block and full chip implementation with
the latest industry P&R/STA flows and tools
• Solid hands on experience with clock tree synthesis (CTS), multi-voltage and
• Strong working knowledge of formal equivalency checks, LP checks, timing
• Experience in block level floor-planning, implementing power grid and
• Sign-off experience with reliability, signal integrity, noise, timing, power,
physical and DFM closure is an added advantage
• Strong scripting/programming skills in Tcl, Perl, Shell, and/or Python is
• Synopsys DC/ICC2, Fusion Compiler knowledge is required.
• Solid understanding of Electrical Engineering fundamentals, analytical
aptitude and excellent attention to detail
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.