This position is for an Embedded Systems Engineer whose primary responsibilities are prototype design, build, and integration. The designed systems will integrate multiple network protocols including peer to peer networks and will integrate microprocessors and microcontrollers into hardware solutions. This person will also write, maintain, and develop embedded firmware. He/she should be able to test products: write, debug, and integrate drivers, protocols, and other firmware code. The Embedded Systems Engineer will be responsible for hardware design and modifications for RF optimization.
Any candidate for this position must be knowledgeable in all aspects of embedded systems and have a proven track record of bringing products all the way from conception to manufacturing. This role will entail working with a wide range of technologies including firmware for micro-controller-based designs, Linux kernel and device driver development, wireless networking, and host applications in multiple programming languages.
- Extensive knowledge of embedded system and PCB design
- Experience designing and developing firmware for real-time and micro-controller-based systems
- Familiarity with data communications protocols
- Working knowledge of the Linux OS and kernel
- Experience implementing Linux device drivers, configuration, and build
- Experience applying RTOS, SPI and UART
- Extensive knowledge of power management, including adaptive power techniques
- Understanding of radar and radio theory, including beam forming and beam steering technologies
- Knowledge of ad hoc and mesh networks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Understanding of digital system design (circuit design, layout, firmware)
- Digital design experience with micro-controller-based systems (ARM, Cortex M, Atheros, PIC, etc.)
- Proficient with simulation tools, schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium Designer or equivalent)
- Strong troubleshooting skills using test equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Wireless RF network knowledge of spectrum attenuation, propagation, and signal loss
- Experience or knowledge of modifying Digi, Ubiquiti, Marvell, and TI products
- Experience in circuit and system design for prototype and manufacturing
- Experience with Zigbee, DigiMesh, Yocto Project or RTOS a plus
- Working knowledge of continuous integration to include Git, Agile and/or Kanban
- Project or program management experience
- Additional programming languages such as Java
- Understands complex problems and clearly communicates with team
- Efficiently performs tasks and meets deadlines for projects
- Employs innovative and out-of-the-box thinking in troubleshooting
- Applies ideas and input in an Agile framework to advance team goals
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Current or previous security clearance a plus
Job Type: Full-time
• systems engineer: 6 years (Required)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Red Ventures is a multi-billion-dollar portfolio of digital companies that specializes in bringing consumers and brands together. Through bespoke technology, integrated digital commerce and sales, distinguished partnerships, data science and original content from the company’s proprietary brands and marketplaces, Red Ventures provides better end-to-end consumer experiences throughout the buying cycle. Red Ventures now has more than 3,600 employees globally in offices across the US, UK and Brazil. So whether you’re looking for freedom to built and own a brand completely, an opportunity to partner with brands (and business leaders) who are already globally recognized, or make an impact with a nonprofit - you can do all of those things (and more) right here.
-A small, agile software development team environment with constant learning opportunities
-Full medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
-Untracked PTO and flexible working schedules
-401(k) with employer contributions
-A casual dress code
While the interview process for each position may vary, most will include four key steps.
1. Introductory Phone Call with a Recruiter
2. Technical Phone Call or a Technical Project
3. On-Site Interview
4. Video Interview
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.