At Signify you’ll work with top technology partners, learn new skills and grow your career. Your work will make a huge - and high-tech - impact. If you are looking for a challenge, you will find it at Signify. Do you want to join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry? We have over 16,000 patents and invest around 5% of our sales in R&D. We are looking for technical professionals who take our innovations and help us invent the future of lighting.
We’re looking for a Principal Full Stack Software Engineer who is a passionate, self-motivated Software Engineer with proven experience in developing innovative distributed cloud-based applications that developers and customers love to use. The ideal candidate is a committed member of the team, focuses on what’s important, sees technical ambiguity as an opportunity rather than a challenge and has the communication skills and knowledge that make them an indispensable member of any software engineering organization.
This role is part of IoT Platform Infrastructure team, Based in Burlington, MA. Its responsibilities are to provide the industrial-grade technology platform upon which we enable the rapid and efficient creation of high value-added products, systems and services by all Signify businesses, spanning professional (B2B) and consumer (B2C) segments.
Together we can…
• Create, manage and operate a diverse set of features, processes, paradigms and technologies that enable the creation of the Signify IoT Platform.
• Follow the DevOps model; therefore, deploying features to AWS cloud.
• Focus on design and Implementation of new features for the Signify IoT platform. Also, you will contribute to technology selection and best practices that enable the IoT Platform engineering teams to build, debug, test, release, manage and secure the IoT Platform’s modern, microservices-based cloud infrastructure.
• Define common frameworks and software libraries, in various programming languages, that support the creation of efficient, scalable and highly available microservice-based architectures.
• Support with the management of the running IoT Platform system architecture. You will troubleshoot issues and identify areas for continuous improvement with a particular emphasis on quality, performance and security.
• Work closely with architects and technical product managers and other members of your team to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed, implemented and tested software solutions.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software in an incremental manner.
• Promote the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools. You are providing guidance and feedback to other software developers.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Master’s degree is desirable
• 8+ years of proven, hands-on track-record as a software engineer, focused on cloud-based applications
• 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices
• Must have experience as a front-end software engineer.
• Proven track record developing cloud-based applications and/or platforms
• Proven hands-on experience with Cloud Technology, AWS is preferred
• Excellent understanding of distributed systems, designing for scalability, performance and availability
• Experience of establishing non-functional best-practices and deploying supporting technologies for improving application security and reliability
• Good knowledge of data persistence technologies including relational databases and no-SQL solutions
• Excellent interpersonal and technical communication with peers, and non-peers alike, with a can-do attitude
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations.
Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products interact connected lighting systems, and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings, and public spaces.
We define the meaning of light…join us to #findyourmeaning @ Signify!
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting, is the global leader in lighting building on 125+ years of innovations. We are proud to be ahead of the game in the Internet of Things and on track to be carbon neutral by 2020. We learn through disruptive challenges and our performance is powered through our diverse teams. Our Philips products, Interact connected lighting systems and data-enabled services transform people’s lives in homes, buildings and urban spaces whilst delivering strong business value. Our purpose is to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Comprehensive and competitive reward packages including salary, short-term incentives, and long-term incentives; dynamic career opportunities and professional/personal development.
Java, Python, Golang, R, SparkML, Scala, and Shell scripting, Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Flume, NoSQL stores (e.g. HBase, Cassandra, DynamoDB, MongoDB etc), and RDBMS.
Video/Phone interview with our recruitment team; Meet our hiring managers (video interview); Meet us in person; Embark on your Signify journey!
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.