Senior / Principal Information Security Systems Engineer - RBI - Sutton
We are seeking a Senior Information Security Systems Engineer to be based in our Sutton, South London office. You’ll be working within a small, but geographically dispersed Security Engineering team, initially focusing on the improvement and automation of existing working practices and toolsets.
Key duties & responsibilities
• Providing guidance on security tooling selection and implementation. Must have a willingness to drive the maturity of existing processes and tools.
• Designing and implementing security automation & orchestration.
• Designing & managing security monitoring/logging systems & outputs to provide an internal SOC with relevant information on security incidents & potential risks.
• Reviewing configurations and Infrastructure as Code for security weaknesses.
• Promoting 'security is codified' as a key platform principle.
• Reviewing threat intelligence sources and perform threat hunts using existing/ new internal tools.
• Acting as an SME for Security Engineering related topics and issues for internal stakeholders.
• Helping manage security incidents & provide a response to identify, contain & resolve.
• Production of automated metrics to help drive the security strategy.
• Production of self-help guidance to allow technologists to make informed secure decisions.
• Mentoring and action as a role model for more junior members of the team.
Essential skills and experience
• Strong development/ scripting background (PowerShell or Python).
• An in-depth understanding of network, systems and application security.
• Analytical/ Inquisitive nature and intuition regarding what questions to ask, when, and their relative significance
• Experience implementing industry best practice security standards in large organisations
• Implementation of security tools, integrated with DevOps pipelines
• Detailed knowledge across a broad range of security domains
• Ability to identify emerging security threats.
• Solid project and time management skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desirable skills and experience
• Professional Information Security certifications, such as CISSP.
• Experience with the Mitre ATT&CK Framework
• Experience within DevSecOps.
• Experience with container/orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, etc)
• Experience in CI/CD - Deployment pipeline experience (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform)
• Experience with different hosting technologies (AWS/ Azure/ On-premise)
• Understanding of Windows and Linux infrastructure.
• Knowledge of virtual server environments and thin client.
• Working knowledge of GDPR
Reed Business Information (RBI) use leading edge technology to deliver market leading information and online data services to business professionals worldwide. Customers have access to our high-value industry data, analytics, information and tools. Our strong global brands hold best-in-class positions across a wide range of industry sectors including banking, petrochemicals and aviation where we help customers make key strategic decisions every single day.
RBI people are driven by an environment focussed on innovation, real passion for our products, and teamwork, where working in an agile manner is par for the course. RBI is part of RELX, a FTSE100 global provider of data, information and solutions for professional customers; RELX has recently been ranked by Forbes as #53 in their Top-2000 Global Employers
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.