At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and proven engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too.
You’ll Work On:
We manage the OpenTable Dining Rewards/Loyalty program that promotes diners to book more reservations to earn more rewards/points, increase new Diner acquisition and keep our users engaged by offering attractive reward options through various programs. Our vision is to make our loyalty program group-wide and profitable that users love - we want you to join us and help realize that vision
Part of a multi-functional team. You’re curious, passionate, and enjoy tackling hard problems. You love technology and enjoy finding better ways to do things. You want to share what you discover and feel energized when you can learn from people around you. When you build software, you consider how people will use it from all angles. You take pride in carefully honing your work until it feels reliable and effortless to use. With several years of development experience, you've made significant contributions to projects you've been a part of, and want to engineer at a global scale. You are calm during incidents when debugging production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack. You are passionate about building successful products or systems, are comfortable handling multiple moving pieces, pays meticulous attention to detail and yearns new technologies and systems. You're familiar with things like:
- 8+ years of development experience in C#
- Strong working knowledge in multithreading and concurrent programming
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in building a scalable architecture that can process millions of records in a few minutes.
- 5 + years of strong experience in SQL databases like PostgreSQL or MongoDB or MS SQL
- Minimum 5 years of experience in building and maintaining RESTful services
- Working experience in message busses like RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Performance monitoring and analysis
- ACID and CAP trade-offs
- Experience building an automation‐focused culture, both in testing and build/deploy
- Good working knowledge on the .NET Core architecture
- Familiarity with REST, Docker/Singularity/Mesos
Nice to have:
- Knowledge or interest in learning Node.js
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and hands-on experience in at least one cloud platform
- Comfortable with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery Environments
- Experience with installation and deployment of servers and open source platforms
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We love what can happen around the restaurant table. Since 1998, we’ve been committed to empowering that experience. From helping restaurants grow and run their businesses, to enabling diners to discover and book the perfect table every time they dine, our story is one of connection — among diners, restaurants, and their communities.
But the table is just the start. Now, we’re growing globally like never before, and continuing to lead the conversation in the tech and restaurant spaces with products that anticipate the changing needs of restaurants and diners.
As we span countries and cultures, we’re very aware of an essential ingredient in making the power of our products possible: you. You are the reason why we work hard to be one step ahead of the moment and what inspires us to embody the true spirit of hospitality. So, pull up a chair and join us.
Free snacks; discounted gym memberships; commuting benefits; generous PTO; happy hours on Fridays.
Initial phone screen; possible hiring manager phone screen; 2 onsite interviews (5 hours each).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.