Spok is looking for an experienced Product Manager to guide the delivery of our next generation clinical collaboration and communication application. Collaborating with the Product team, business stakeholders, and the Delivery teams, you will tackle complex and challenging problems to optimize user experience by developing innovative product offerings.
As Product Manager, you will play an integral role in the Product team. Primary responsibilities include market research, generating product feature requirements, determining acceptance criteria, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction. In this external facing role, you will also develop marketing strategies, identify opportunities, product positioning, rollout planning and execution, product training, and Sales support. You will work closely with the Delivery team, Product Owners, Support, Professional Services, Finance, Sales, and Alliances. You must be a strong evangelist for the product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Understand customer needs and validate solutions. You will oversee and interpret market research and competitive intelligence to determine ways to competitively enhance product capabilities.
• Understand and support the portfolio. You have strategic thinking and prioritization skills with the ability to develop the roadmap to achieve business goals while making difficult trade off decisions.
• Engage and collaborate with project sponsors to jointly define emerging projects and shepherd them through the digital development process.
• Manage and prioritize the flow of work. You will partner with business stakeholders and the delivery teams to determine the best solutions to enhance functionality and increase user satisfaction.
• Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and processes used in healthcare and enterprise communications.
• Gather inputs, establish direction and formulate the product features for the next version(s) of products. Constant product backlog refinement.
• Advocate for user / customer to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Work with management to recommend pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
• Brief and train all internal departments on new and/or enhanced product features.
• Lead user group and user conference webinars and meetings.
• Maintain complete knowledge of customer and market requirements, long-term plans and objectives, keeping management informed of all changes in products, competition, features, and market requirements.
• Develop and maintain understanding of industry, market and regulatory trends. Participate in industry events and committees as appropriate.
• Collect, analyze and summarize competitive information. Educate company of competitive advantages and weaknesses of competitive products.
• Track product bookings and revenue performance. Work cross-functionally to ensure goals are met.
• Track and manage product end-of-life announcements and transitions.
• Ensure product and process follows corporate and department policies and procedures.
• Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA preferred.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
• 5+ years of product management /product development experience, preferably in the digital space
• 5+ years selling, supporting or developing enterprise solutions
• 10 + years’ experience in enterprise software
• Experience in healthcare IT
• Demonstrated portfolio of user-centric digital experiences with proven, positive impacts to engagement and product value
• Experience working with clients (managing expectation, managing delivery dates)
• Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams comprised of product owners, product managers, and engineering
• Ability to absorb and make sense of large amounts of data, information, and perspectives to direct decision making
• Ability to turn complicated inputs into clear, communicable vision
• Outstanding communication skills for all audience types including clients and executives
• An understanding of SAFe with related experience
• Knowledge of current digital web and application standards
• Passion for designing and building an exceptional user experience
• Strong analytical, communication, and influencing skills
• Ability to work in team setting
• Sound business judgment
• Ability to drive for results with minimal guidance
Spok, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Spok Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPOK), headquartered in Springfield, Virginia, is proud to be a global leader in healthcare communications. We deliver clinical information to care teams when and where it matters most to improve patient outcomes. Top hospitals rely on the Spok Care Connect® platform to enhance workflows for clinicians, support administrative compliance, and provide a better experience for patients. Our customers send over 100 million messages each month through their Spok® solutions. Spok is making care collaboration easier. For more information, visit spok.com or follow @spoktweets on Twitter.
At Spok, Inc., we provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance or any other protected status or characteristic. Should you have a disability and need assistance or accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resources at 1-800-852-8935
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Spok is going places. Our success comes from an amazing group of innovative and determined global employees who make Spok a great place to work.
What we do matters. Our technology is used by people who save lives—from a doctor treating a patient to an emergency operator responding to a life safety situation. We help ensure they can communicate safely, securely, and efficiently.
Our relationships matter. Spok employees get to work with interesting people every day both internally and within our customers’ organizations. You’ll also have interaction with key leaders working in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
Join us. Whether you are just getting started or have years of experience, you’ll be at the forefront of building innovative solutions in a highly collaborative environment.
We pride ourselves on not compromising on the technical architecture we use to make what we do, happen. Surround yourself with the best technology and the brightest technical experts around.
Enjoy a hard working yet people minded culture. Personal work-space and a variety of collaborative working environments in an open air, open office environment. Regular community involvement events through our Spok Gives Back mindset. Monthly, company wide birthday and anniversary parties. Catered breakfast every Friday morning!
Multiple health plans at VERY competitive rates (including a Health Savings Account)
Company matching 401k plan
Employee Stock Purchase plan
Flexible Savings Plans for the employee and dependents
Company paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Voluntary Life and AD&D
Short Term and Long Term Disability
Company paid Education Assistance Program
Competitive Paid Time Off plan with 7 paid holidays.
Our interview process traditionally follows a three step process. A phone interview with our Technical Recruiting team (20-30 mins.), then a phone interview with the position's Hiring Manager (20-30 mins.). Finally, you will come on-site to meet the Hiring Manager and a number of peers and leaders as it relates to the position you are interviewing for.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.