Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
We are looking for a responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individual to join Carbonite’s Professional Services team as a Professional Services Engineer. You will be responsible for deploying all Carbonite products and ensuring our customers are setup for success. You will participate and contribute to solution design planning and implementation activities. You must be a self-starter with excellent written, verbal and organizational skills and the ability to work under deadlines. Additionally, you must be familiar with working in a technical sales and support team environment. Project management, technical analysis, customer support, troubleshooting skills, and previous work experience in a technology role is a must.
In addition, you will perform a variety of value-added services such creating documentation including Statement of Work with technical writing. You will be called upon to collaborate with sales and solution engineers to validate product and implementation designs. You must be familiar with data protection strategies, backup and restore workflows, Disaster Recovery testing and operational assessments.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
• Customer focused, analytical minded and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Provide data protection consulting and implementation services remotely or onsite
• Work with partners and customers to ensure they become self-sufficient with Carbonite’s solutions and manageability
• Provide technical solutions and deployment options and quickly compose Statements of Work (SOW), project plans and articulate product configurations effectively
• The candidate must have previous experience supporting and/or implementing SaaS software solutions
• Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Data protection and disaster recovery experience - is a plus
• Ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision i.e. strong analytical, prioritization, time management, and follow-up skills
• Train customers on deployments and operational use
• Technical documentation including Data Protection Plans, Visio Diagrams and solution designs.
• Creation of basic scripts to automate workflows - Powershell scripting a plus
• Basic network administration experience across all Microsoft Windows platforms
• Basic understanding of Virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V)
• Storage protocols: SAN, NAS with RAID specific configurations for server hardware
Key Challenges to Overcome
Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is an absolute must. This position is 10% Project Management, 50% Customer-interfacing, 40%Technical - drawing on technical and/or product knowledge in configuration of Carbonite’s Products Experience in business systems continuity or data continuity consulting.
Must be able to "think on their feet" Must demonstrate a strong ability and initiative to learn...past track record important Excellent Troubleshooting and problem analysis skills – can find creative solutions and workarounds to meet customer expectations
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
• A track record of good judgment and decision-making in positions with significant responsibility
• Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion
• Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments
• High degree of comfort with complex technical environments
• Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
• B.S. degree in a technical discipline or equivalent 3 – 5 years of professional experience
• Basic network administration experience (i.e. TCP/IP, Active Directory, LDAP, HTTPs, etc.)
• Understanding of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 OS and server administration
• Familiarity with Microsoft Exchange, SQL and SharePoint
• Familiarity with UNIX and LINUX operating systems
• Virtualization technologies (VMWare ESX / vSphere and Hyper-V)
• Creation of basic scripts to automate workflows Powershell scripting a plus
• Storage RAID conceptual knowledge
• RTO/RPO backup policies
• Data migration and replication familiarity
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
The Company collects, processes, and stores Personal Data regarding prospective employees for the purposes detailed below in connection with its human resources activities. The Personal Data we hold and process will be used for management and administrative use. The Company will keep and use the information to enable it to run the business and manage its relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately during the recruitment process. This includes using information to enable the Company to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the Company and protect the Company’s legal position in the event of legal proceedings. Further information on why we process your Personal Data is set out below. If you do not provide this data, the Company may be unable in some circumstances to comply with its obligations and will tell you about the implications of that decision.
For recruiting purposes, the Company processes Personal Data of applicants such as name; contact information, education, language(s) and special job-related competencies; certification information; employment history; work experience; background check information to the extent that such checks are possible under applicable law; and criminal convictions and offenses, in so far as this information is relevant for the specific position, to fulfil its legitimate interest in hiring the most qualified applicants. The processing of criminal records data in connection with the Company’s recruitment and human resources activities will be carried out only under the control of official authority or when authorized by EU or EU Member State law. The Company may collect recruitment-related Personal Data from third parties such as recruiters, government authorities, former employers and references you provide. The Company may also collect Personal Data from publicly accessible sources such as public and job-related so
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.