This position requires the use of J2EE and other web technologies to design, modify, develop, write, and implement software applications and components. Works directly with the users to gather the requirements needed to generate the specifications to develop the applications and components. Supports and/or installs software applications and components.
• Create and deliver data-driven reports.
• Enhance existing systems by analyzing business objectives, preparing an action plan and identifying areas for modification and improvement.
• Maintain existing application systems by identifying and correcting application defects.
• Investigate and develop skills in new technologies.
• Create technical specifications and test plans.
• Create new and extend existing operational documentation.
• Implement new software.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Systems.
• 2-3 years of development experience in a professional capacity.
• Ability to understand and build an application data structure.
• Knowledge of PL/SQL, procedures, and functions.
• Experience with source control/repository (SVN/CVS/Github).
• Experience in Liferay, Angular, node.js, or Kendo UI preferred.
• Experience with build tools like Gulp, Gradle, or Blade a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
• Experience with defect-tracking tools like JIRA.
• Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• On-call duty required.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Genesco Inc., a Nashville-based specialty retailer, sells footwear and accessories in more than 1,500 retail stores through the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Germany, principally under the names Journeys, Journeys Kidz, Schuh, Schuh Kids, Little Burgundy, Johnston & Murphy, and on internet websites www.journeys.com, www.journeyskidz.com, www.journeys.ca, www.schuh.co.uk, www.littleburgundyshoes.com, www.johnstonmurphy.com, www.trask.com, and www.dockersshoes.com. In addition, Genesco sells wholesale footwear under its Johnston & Murphy brand, the Trask brand, the licensed Dockers brand, and other brands.
Comprehensive Health Care Plans (day 1 medical plans), Dental Insurance, on-site Wellness Clinic, 401K Company Match, 40% Discount at Retail Stores, Vacation & Holiday Pay, Flexible Spending Accounts, Adoption Assistance, Employee Scholarships, Educational Assistance, Employee Cafeteria, Hair Salon, Business Casual Dress (blue jeans everyday), Fitness Center (group classes offered: Zumba, Yoga and Personal Training Classes) Massage Therapy and Weight Watchers at Work.
Phone screen and multiple on-site interviews with hiring manager and their teams to include individual and/or group interviews.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.