Seeking an experienced evangelist for Agile testing practices to help drive Agile transformation within the Dealer Financial Services department at Ally. This is a Senior IT leader responsible for managing and developing a high performing test organization, utilizing the best of modern Agile practices to support multiple cross-functional Agile squads across several product areas.
Our Agile project management approach is focused on delivering working tested software at the end of every two-week sprint, and our development practices are based on TDD, continuous integration, and continuous deployment (CI/CD). Our QA practices therefore must support a heavy focus on test automation, combined with carefully managed functional story card testing, as well as robust end-to-end customer journey testing. It is also important for teams to track test coverage and to apply rigorous defect management practices, as well as integrating performance testing into our development lifecycle -- embracing both 'shift-left' and 'shift-right' concepts.
In addition, the QA Practice Director must bridge the gap between Agile development on new projects with the more traditional QA practices required to support legacy applications and more traditional Waterfall development programs that are still in place on certain platforms. The goal is to create testing practices that support both development methodologies, as well as to support the transition of existing resources from traditional methods and tools to the new paradigms.
The QA Practice Director will be expected to:
· Be an advocate for quality across the department
· Document and refine Ally testing standards as they apply to both Agile and Waterfall teams
· Define testing metrics and create templates for quality information radiators
· Define roles and job descriptions for Functional, Automation, and Performance test resources
· Guide the team in the introduction and application of common standard testing tools
· Provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to the QA team members in order to ensure the success of the team's testing efforts
· Build a Community of Practice for testing across Ally Dealer Financial Services (DFS)
· Assisting line-of-business IT Leaders to recruit and onboard new test resources to their teams
· Create a culture of continuous improvement
· Experienced and passionate Agilist who will embrace and expand Ally's Agile practices through thought-leadership and integrating industry best practices
· Deep understanding and application of Agile approaches and techniques, such as XP, Scrum, Kanban, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, and supporting feature development through active participation in an Agile work team
· Demonstrate practices to write clean, quality, and testable applications that supports rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments
· Evangelize automation and assist other QA team members through mentorship, tutorials, and writing scripts to speed up their manual testing efforts
· Recommend and implement process improvement
· Support the long-term career development of testing resources; helping them build and mature their skills in software testing
· Advising team members on Ally standards, security requirements, methodologies, and processes
· Interacting and communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
· BS (preferably MS) in Computer Science or related field preferred
· 15+ years of software development experience with at least 7+ years in a technical leadership role
· Must have hands-on experience with Agile and DevOps best-practices.
· Demonstrates technical knowledge of coding, testing, supporting and debugging
· Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving skills and exhibits strong leadership skills
· Experience with TDD/BDD techniques and experience with Cucumber, Gherkin, Jasmine
· Able to interface with business partners as well as internal and external technical teams
· Can articulate business requirements and objectives and translate those into software development solutions
· Passionate about developing, configuring, connecting and integrating systems in a complex enterprise application environment.
· Grasps new technologies and can adapt to rapid shifts in priorities
Self-motivated, self-starter with clear communication skills who thrives working in a team environment
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Ally Financial is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers, and corporate clients.
Flexible PTO; child care discounts; wellness program; leadership training; tuition reimbursement.
Initial phone screening; interview with the hiring manager; possible several additional interviews depending on the position.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.