Summary of This Role:
Performs and participates in application development and testing to apply continuous quality and testability of code throughout the software development lifecycle. Builds quality within the software development process with automated testing suites providing a comprehensive view from code quality to functionality. Uses quality paradigms to provide real time quality with use of automation and frequent regression testing. Designs / develops and maintains automation frameworks and automation test suites and scripts with continuous integration, testing, deployment and delivery. Conducts performance, load, security and service virtualization testing.
What Part Will You Play?
- Participates in all steps of the software development life cycle and is accountable for producing quality code. Collaborates with peers to identify and recommend practices for quality assurance at the source using automation. Conducts impact analysis, evaluates and identifies affects to regression test suites, testability of code, and application performance to reduce negative influences on continuous testing. Performs quality checks along with updating of automation scripts. Identifies and designs testing suites for test driven development (TDD) and behavior-driven development (BDD) to allow early and frequent testing as the software is developed. Identifies process improvement and continuous quality measures across the development lifecycle.
- Writes and executes application tests at the source code level to prevent hidden errors (i.e., white box testing) within unit and component testing. Identifies and suggests improvements for code quality to improve deficiencies from functionality through structure of code for performance and maintainability. Builds, maintains and reviews mid-level unit and component test suites and conducts automated white box tests. Identifies improper coding and code quality issues. Integrates white box test suites with continuous integration (CI) tools. Programs and creates mid-level test cases using unit and component testing tools for code level testing.
- Develops moderately complex software tools, frameworks and utilities for validation / verification activities and end-to-end functional testing of software. Identifies and recommends tools and frameworks for testing and creates automated tools for generic use and maintainability. Writes moderately complex code that uses / exercises non-user interface (UI) components like application program interface's (API's), representational state transfer API (RESTful API), and web services similar to the end user to develop frameworks for testing. Integrates automated suites with continuous integration (CI) tools for frequent execution.
- Installs and uses moderately complex CI frameworks in continuous testing and continuous deployment / delivery. Builds, customizes, and deploys moderately complex test environments and test automation frameworks. Performs moderately complex scripting, data generation, and other methods to maintain automation infrastructure throughout the development. Integrates CI tools with other testing infrastructure and develops moderately complex reporting / metrics on CI.
- Develops test scripts, test data, and analyzes / interprets performance, load and security testing. Conducts testing, analysis and interprets results using service virtualization testing tools that emulates the behavior of necessary dependent system components that are unavailable or difficult-to-access. Identifies virtualization testing opportunities with approaches and designs to testing virtualized environments. Identifies performance testing opportunities with approaches and designs to test for application performance, load, security and service virtualization. Analyzes systems and database performance and responses during loads. Directs tests to avoid common application performance bottlenecks. Maintains and administers procedures, methodologies and/or application standards to include payment card industry and security related testing compliance using automation and built-in security tests during development. Applies virtualization concepts to identify tests and application scenarios impacted by virtualization. Incorporates performance, load and security testing into CI environments.
- Works with stakeholders, business, developers and test analysts to develop more intricate test plans, conditions and cases (set of inputs, execution preconditions, and expected outcomes developed for a particular objective, such as to exercise a particular program path or to verify compliance with a specific requirement) to be used in testing. Develops and administers best practices to perform test data conditioning and execution of test sets. Works with programming to create certain account conditions and execute special testing requirements for test validation. Demonstrates a broad knowledge of the multiple environments by evaluating, interpreting and communicating an understanding of the various components of systems and applications to leadership.
- Acts as a single point of contact for assigned moderately complex client projects with regard to test engineering activities. Coordinates the test activities assigned to the test team to include, reviewing of client test plans cases and scripts, prioritizing test execution when necessary and providing feedback to internal and external clients.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree - Software Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree; additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp - Professional experience with Software testing, coding, designing, and developing.
- Master's Degree - Software Engineering, Information Systems or other Technical degree
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp - Experience developing automated testing strategies in a variety of environments and frameworks
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge – Knowledge and experience on banking and Financial (Payment Processing) industry. Should be able to do file based testing without GUI. Should have sufficient experience working with CI/CD model utilizing Jenkins and GIT. Prefer to have Windows Server Admin skills. Needs to be expert in querying database.
- Job Complexity - Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Supervision - Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Software Development Life Cycle / Testing Methodologies - Agile - Scrum, Kanban, Test Driven Development, Behavior Driven Development, etc.
- Programming Languages - Java, C#, Perl, Python, Groovy, Oracle, SQL, .Net, VB, UNIX Shell
- Testing tools - Application Lifecycle Management, Unit Testing, UFT, Selenium Webdriver, TestNG, Security, Application Programming Interface, Continuous Integration, Service Virtualization, etc.
- Database – SQL Server Management Studio, Informix DB
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
TSYS provides seamless, secure, and innovative solutions across the payments spectrum—from issuer processing and merchant acquiring to prepaid program management—delivered through partnership and expertise.
Flexible work arrangements; discounted gym memberships or onsite gyms; discounted daycare offerings; tuition assistance.
Java, J2EE, Toplink, Hibernate, React, AWS, Dockers, Kubernetes
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.