Imagine new horizons...
The PowerFLOW team at SIMULIA is seeking a software development leader with a proven track record to lead the team that develops our acoustics analysis product called PowerACOUSTICS.
You enjoy a challenge?
Here at Dassault Systèmes, we empower people with passion to change the world. Let us open new horizons together with the power of 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes!
What will your role be?
As the leader of the PowerACOUSTICS development team, you will work closely with various domain experts (especially acoustic engineers) to design and build intuitive user interfaces and to craft efficient implementations of the underlying calculations (sometimes by way of parallel processing). There will be a heavy emphasis on facilitating automation, including integration with both 3D visualization and our post-processing automation framework.
This is a hands-on position leading a small team, so you will be making significant contributions to PowerACOUSTICS on many levels: technical, leadership, and project management. You will truly own the product, with ultimate responsibility for delivering new functionality. You will also have the opportunity to build your team to meet the ever-growing demand for acoustics related functionality.
The challenges ahead
• Hands-on leadership of the PowerACOUSTICS development team
• Work closely with the product management team and acoustics domain experts to define the strategy and roadmap for PowerACOUSTICS, as well as technical details of new functionality
• Produce functional and technical designs that balance customer needs and implementation concerns
• Implement new PowerACOUSTICS features and help maintain/evolve existing functionality
• Project management: manage schedules, milestones, delivery dates
• Work with QA to ensure that the software is thoroughly tested
Your Key Success Factors?
• Demonstrated experience leading successful software development projects
• Strong leadership skills
• Intellectual curiosity. If you do not enjoy developing an understanding of new technologies and problem domains, this is not the job for you.
• MS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent practical experience
• Excellent C++ programming skills and familiarity with STL
• Experience designing and developing complex commercial software systems
• Solid grounding in computer science theory
• Experience designing and implementing graphical user interfaces using a high-level toolkit (ideally Qt) on Windows and/or Linux
• Experience with scientific programming
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills; Able to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Strong problem-solving skills
Additional Skills & Experience:
Experience with one or more is a plus:
• C++11 features
• Usability concerns as they apply to user interface design
• Python scripting language
• Signal processing or other numerical analysis techniques
• General physics familiarity and/or previous exposure to fluid dynamics
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Dassault Systèmes Careers
- At Dassault Systèmes, we empower people and energize passion to change the world. Meet us here! #WeAre3DS
Our purpose is at the core of who we are and why people are joining Dassault Systèmes. We are a science-based, innovation-driven, business-minded and long-term-oriented company. Our 17,000 employees are driven by this ambition. The solutions of Dassault Systèmes transform the way products are designed, simulated, produced, marketed and supported, leveraging the virtual world to improve the real world.
We have an excellent benefits package and overview can be found here - http://www.rewardsat3ds.com/SitePages/Home.aspx
A Typical Interview Process at Dassault Systemes
1. Phone screen with one of our recruiters
2. Technical phone screen with the Hiring Manager - perhaps by Skype to review coding skills and abilities
3. Onsite interview with the team
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.