About Stanley Black & Decker
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker (SBD) team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans and executes reliability, quality and test engineering elements per the Milestone process for assigned New Product development projects across various cordless & corded portfolios for the Professional Power Tools Division. These tasks include warranty failure analysis, reliability modeling & prediction, life data analysis, test qualification program development, quality assurance planning, statistical studies, design of experiments and failure mode & effects analysis.
• Leads & Drives the engineering development teams against committed Reliability/Quality Performance Customer Critical-To-Quality (CTQ) metrics to ensure a successful product launch against committed warranty and product life specifications.
• Develops test plans to qualify assigned Productivity/Warranty Projects in terms of REA Support working with resident/ productivity teams to ensure on-going product quality of mature products.
• Maintains appropriate project & milestone documentation such as test plans, test status reports, FRACAS and drives DFMEA’s early in the design phase to optimize design & mitigate risk during the development process.
• Correctly applies the reliability/quality science to assure new product quality goals are achieved irrespective of schedule pressures & cost.
• Leads safety reviews during the milestone process to ensure product meets safety and compliance requirements.
• Works with external Approval agencies (KEMA, TUV, UL, CSA, etc) to obtain orderly and accurate product approvals
• Represents the Voice for the Customer in all quality related product development activities and responds to market complaints from customers or trading standards
• Demonstrates successful performance with attention to detail while managing multiple projects
• Works effectively with minimal supervision and maintains good working relationship with internal and external teams & customers
• Bachelor's degree in Electronics/Electrical or Electromechanical/Mechanical Engineering discipline.
• Master's degree in Reliability Engineering or Quality.
• Minimum of 2 years technical experience as a Reliability Engineer or Test Engineer in a new product development environment for electro-mechanical devices.
• Weibull Analysis Software Knowledge a plus. Reliasoft ++ desirable
• Trained in the use of Six Sigma tools and techniques (i.e., Six Sigma Green Belt) such as: design of experiments (DOE),statistical process control (SPC), analysis of variance (ANOVA) and gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R).
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.