Reporting to the Director of Business Systems, this high impact individual will be responsible for designing, developing, and delivering the reporting and analytics we use to manage our fast growing $100M+ SaaS business. The profile for this role is a high energy technologist, with significant SQL and Power BI experience, as well as strong business acumen. The candidate will work with stakeholders and our Business Analysts, to understand reporting requirements. The candidate will collaborate with our Data Architect and other members of our Engineering team to deliver the Power BI reports and underlying SQL queries to meet those business requirements. And, the Report Developer will work with the team to build out a data warehouse, supporting enhanced reporting going forward.
• Define, develop, and deliver accurate and performant Power BI reports, as well as the underlying SQL
• Develop database SQL scripts, stored procedures and ETL packages of high complexity
• Contribute to database design, schema definition, security and stored procedure tuning
• Contribute to development teams functional SQL needs
• Ensure our ad-hoc, daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting packages are operating properly and with accuracy. Collaborate with other teams to ensure that reports are updates as business processes change.
• Assist with troubleshooting and resolving reporting incidents and outages
• Help manage our Power BI reporting infrastructure
• At least 2+ years of experience as a Power BI and SQL developer
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of T-SQL and stored procedure development
• Index and query tuning experience
• Understanding of Database Architecture concepts
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Accountable – must embody a strong sense of responsibility for the timely completion of tasks, as well as the responsibility to ensure a shared understanding of shared tasks.
• Communicative and social – excellent interpersonal and group facilitation skills including the ability to work with diverse stakeholders and personality types. Ability to bridge the gap between technical and business stakeholders.
• Assertive – not afraid to be a voice of reason and authority. Willing to hold teams accountable to vision and values.
• Enthusiastic – must be high-energy and situationally aware. Passionate advocate for delivering value.
• Transparent – must bring complete transparency to the business and grow business trust.
• Creativity, initiative, and flexibility – tempered by pragmatism, patience, and attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.