• Participate in and contribute to the implementation of best industry practices for Business Objects Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities
• Conduct performance tuning and capacity management Implement patches and other day-to-day Business Objects administration tasks including creating folders, reports, users and migrating reports, folders, users from Dev to QA to Production
• Knowledge and experience in implementing user level and data level securities within BusinessObjects Universe
• Work with IT and business users to resolve support and technical questions
• Contribute to coordination and planning of Business Objects Database Infrastructure related activities outages
• Utilizing technical expertise; Creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
• Identifies ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
• Resolves complex technical design issues.
• Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
• Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
• Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
• Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
• Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
• Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
• Typically serves as a resource to the business.
• Develops accurate estimates on work packages and ensures the accuracy of estimates developed by less experienced internal and third party team members.
• Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute.
• Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
• May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
• Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
• Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
• Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams, and/or constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
• BS / BA in Technical or Business field with 3 or more years of experience
• 3+ years of experience in SAP Business Objects R 4.1+ administration activities
• Experience with multiple Business Objects installs and/or upgrades
• SAP Business Objects Capacity Planning
• Advanced Knowledge of SAP Business Objects Architecture
• Experience administering and configuring Tomcat
• Knowledge of Business Objects Security Architecture and Administration
• Experience configuring and administering CTS+ for Business Objects
• Experience administering BOBJ components:
• - BOBJ universes
• - Crystal reports servers
• - Explorer servers
• - Connection servers
• - Web Intelligence Servers
• - Dashboards Servers
• - Adaptive Servers
• - Web Servers
• - Mangement Servers
• - File storage Servers
• - Client side components
• Experience administering, installing, configuring and troubleshooting Business Objects Environments
• Disaster Recovery Concepts
• Strong analytical and problem resolution experience
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• General knowledge of LDAP and Active Directory
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.