In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The SM will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The SM will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
• Serves as scrum master for one or more teams
• Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
• Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
• Developing ability to help onboard or act as a mentor to a Scrum Master with less experience
• Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
• Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
• Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
• Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
• Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
• Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
• Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
• Developing ability to coach team on XP Engineering practices and benefits
• Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
• At least 1 Year of Agile experience
• 2+ Years of Agile experience
• Experience as part of an agile team
• Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
• PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
• SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Exceptional medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plans, with full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents; professional development programs; onsite gym, 5 spectacular cafeterias, multiple meeting spots, whiteboard walls, many TV rooms (Texas office); work for a company that thinks and works like a tech company, using their digital fluency to transform everything about the customer experience.
To bending data to Capital One's will, and turning a stodgy industry on its head, which is reflected in their ranking as the number one business technology innovator in the US in the 2016 InformationWeek Elite 100; work for a company that's changing banking for good—and helping people live their best lives. As they build one of America’s leading information-based technology companies, they'll continue to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way for their customers, the financial industry, and each other. Relentless innovation is their way of life. Make it yours at Capital One.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.