Security Engineer - Forensics
3-5 years of digital forensics or cyber security incident response experience
Use forensic tools and investigative methods to conduct computer and mobile forensic investigations of IT systems to ensure compliance with corporate Information Security policies and all applicable laws and regulations. The Senior Security Engineer - Forensics will also use their expertise to assist in the security incident response process to identify root cause and generate indicators of compromise.
- Acquire and analyze digital evidence from a variety of workstation, server and mobile platforms
- Generate high quality forensic examination reports to communicate findings clearly and concisely to technical and non-technical business unit managers
- Develop and document digital forensic policies and processes
- Collaborate with leadership and stakeholders, including Legal, HR, Corporate Security and Incident Response organizations, as well as other Forensic Analysts
- Keep abreast of emerging digital forensic trends and tools
- Participate in Information Security initiatives and projects
May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Required:
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Digital Forensics or Information Systems, plus two or more years' experience in related field, or any combination or equivalent education, experience, and formal training
- 2-4 years of experience performing forensic acquisition and examination of Windows, Unix/Linux, Macintosh-based computers and servers in a corporate enterprise environment
- Experience performing acquisition and examination of Android and iOS-based mobile devices using Cellebrite UFED Physical Analyzer or other mobile device forensic platforms
- Broad understanding of multiple forensic platforms and tools - EnCase, FTK, Volatility, The Sleuth Kit (TSK), and various Open Source forensic tools (SANS SIFT or REMnux)
Qualifications - Highly Desired:
- Understanding of evidence handling and chain-of-custody procedures
- Malware analysis, sandboxing, and software reverse engineering
- Forensic lab management experience, including infrastructure (hardware and software), processes, procedures, and supporting documentation based on industry best practices
Desired Certifications (at least one of the following certifications):
- EnCase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- Certified Forensic Security Responder (CFSR)
- SANS Certifications (GCFE, GCFA, GNFA, GREM)
- CISSP, CEH highly desirable but not required
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.