Founded in 1962, Raymond James Financial, Inc. is a Fortune 500 diversified holding company providing financial services to individuals, corporations and municipalities through its subsidiary companies engaged primarily in investment and financial planning, in addition to capital markets and asset management. Headquartered in Florida, Raymond James Financial has approximately 7,500 financial advisors in 3,000 locations throughout the United States, Canada and overseas. With 119 consecutive quarters of growth and Service 1st culture, Raymond James Financial aims to be the premier alternative to Wall Street.
About the role:
As a Senior Application Developer you will be part of a dynamic team of highly technical developers and architects that work on major transformation initiatives. Our vision in Information Technology is in parallel with the firm’s vision. We strive to be the premier provider of financial services technology and support through innovative solutions, reliable performance and a Service 1st culture. Besides our headquarters in St. Petersburg, FL, we also have presence in Southfield, MI; Memphis, TN; and Denver, CO.
• Analyzes complex system requirements, including identifying program interactions and appropriate interfaces between impacted components and sub systems.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or to reuse of existing code.
• Leads or participates in assigned projects, including assigning tasks, coordinating efforts, and monitoring performance.
• May recommend new technologies and methodologies to management for meeting business needs, resolving problems and exploiting opportunities. Remains current with new technologies.
• Obtains and evaluates information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Participates in software system testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Writes and/or reviews system specifications, including output requirements and flow charts.
• Assists in preparing project plans using project management tools.
• Reviews test results; documents test activities, and records remedial actions.
• Ensures proper analysis of problems and programming approaches to prevent rework and schedule slippage.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant development or engineering experience or combination of education, training and experience.
• Experience in developing Scalable Client Server applications.
• Experienced working with Oracle database (creating DDL and writing/tuning SQL queries)
• Experience working with SCRUM oriented Agile methodologies and Project Management.
• Experience in writing clean, scalable code using good architectural patterns.
• Proven experience in developing Rich Client/Web Interfaces.
• Good understanding of modern web development design/architectural patterns such as, Model-View-Controller (MVC)
• Strong knowledge of Java programming language and knowledge of following technologies/frameworks: Spring, AspectJ, Spring JDBC templates, Spring caching, EHCache,
• Quartz, JAX-RS, JMS, JBoss application server, Apache CXF
• Good knowledge of DevOps & collaboration tools: Jenkins, Splunk, GIT, TFS, Sonar
• Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs/Protocols (REST, SOAP)
Nice to have:
• Experience in Financial Services Industry would be a big plus
• Experience with Java Script/Angular JS
• Experience with TFS
• Experience with IBM MQ
• Experience in the following areas: project management, enterprise implementation, leadership experience, strategic planning, business acumen, application development, change management.
• None required.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.