At OpenTable, we take pleasure in Software Development. We believe that velocity comes from a commitment to clean code and proven engineering principles. We deliver innovative products through rapid, continuous development. Millions of diners and thousands of restaurants around the globe use our products. If you are excited by constantly challenging engineering processes and can deliver exceptional quality in a fast-paced, agile environment, we'd like to meet you. Bonus points if you love restaurants too.
You’ll Work On:
Join a fast paced highly collaborative team to build out mission-critical edge, gateway and backend microservices. You will be responsible for your code throughout all phases of the life cycle. You build it, you maintain it. All our solutions are required to scale to meet increasing demand. All your efforts will be highly visible; we code review all production bound commits.
You love to code. You’re curious, passionate and constantly thinking about making code clean and better. You love technology and enjoy finding better ways to do things. You want to share what you discover and feel energized when you can learn from the people around you. When you build software, you consider how people will use it from all angles. You take pride in carefully honing your work until it feels reliable and effortless to use.
- Design, implement and maintain Java microservices
- Write unit and integration tests
- Monitor applications in production
Preferred to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of Java and Spring development experience
- In-depth knowledge of design patterns, data structures and OO design
- Experience of building production quality, highly available services and designing service oriented architectures
- Solid experience designing and building RestFul APIs and Microservices architecture
- Unit and integration test development experience
- Document (NoSql) or relational database experience
- Experience building message driven systems, use of Kafka
- Good interpersonal skills and be an excellent teammate
Nice to have:
- Reactive programming
- Functional programming
- Docker / Kubernetes / Singularity / Mesos
- MongoDB / PostGres
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
We love what can happen around the restaurant table. Since 1998, we’ve been committed to empowering that experience. From helping restaurants grow and run their businesses, to enabling diners to discover and book the perfect table every time they dine, our story is one of connection — among diners, restaurants, and their communities.
But the table is just the start. Now, we’re growing globally like never before, and continuing to lead the conversation in the tech and restaurant spaces with products that anticipate the changing needs of restaurants and diners.
As we span countries and cultures, we’re very aware of an essential ingredient in making the power of our products possible: you. You are the reason why we work hard to be one step ahead of the moment and what inspires us to embody the true spirit of hospitality. So, pull up a chair and join us.
Free snacks; discounted gym memberships; commuting benefits; generous PTO; happy hours on Fridays.
Initial phone screen; possible hiring manager phone screen; 2 onsite interviews (5 hours each).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.