Purpose of Job:
The Senior Cloud Software Engineer I will be responsible for writing software in a team environment which includes research, design, debug, and test for monitoring data in public and private cloud.
- Designs, implements, debugs, and tests software for cloud computing platforms like AWS and Azure
- Partners with the Cloud Services Team to develop innovative solutions for monitoring data in the cloud
- Creates proof of concepts for validating design
- Works with product management on creating, analyzing, and implementing solutions that can be deployed with different cloud providers
- Responsible for creating written documentation for his/her own software development
- Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet multiple product release cycles
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience using formal software development processes. Software development skills using object-oriented design and coding techniques
- 5+ years of experience with routing protocols, networking stack and packet forwarding architectures applications
- 3+ years of experience in virtualization
- Strong understanding of networking protocols used at Layer 2 and Layer 3
- 5+ years of experience implementing networking protocols
- Advance knowledge of switching, routing, and packet encapsulation techniques
- Proven ability to program using C++ or Java for cloud applications
- Experience interacting with JSON, XML, SOAP, web services and web applications
- Ability to do quick proof of concepts for validating design
- Strong understanding of OOD and design patterns
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
BS degree (BSEE or BSCS strongly preferred, MSCS a plus)
Travel: Occasionally, up to 25%
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy work-life balance and generous paid time off program
- Retirement savings match
- Professional development program
- Volunteer time off and employee assistance plan
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- On-site exercise facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, natural origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.