As a Director Cloud/DevOps, the person will own the design, and implementation / migration of large & complex applications on Public Cloud. This is an exciting technical leadership position in charge of designing & building cloud infrastructure. The role is not only to be a trusted advisor to our clients for driving the next generation innovation but also a leader in advancing the group’s capabilities into the future. Lead the creation of value proposition and USP in Cloud capability / Center of Excellence. Provide thought leadership on the domain & mentorship to team. Lead innovation & ideation by leveraging evolving technologies to identify opportunities of efficiencies in driving business excellence.
The role is critical and a core building block to our core market offerings in eCommerce, advertising, adtech and digital transformation. As an evangelist for Cloud, you will collaborate with leaders in various divisions, industries and geographies, in developing & implementing solutions for our clients.
• Strategizing, designing and implementing highly efficient solution on Pubic Cloud (Amazon Web Services, Azure or GCP) for security, resilience, performant, networking, availability, Blue-green deployments in context of business application.
• Security Hardening of cloud infrastructure application/web server against known/unknown vulnerabilities.
• Assess client needs and requirements to ensure appropriate approach to solve client challenges
• Recommend right public / private cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS) required for the solution
• Expert in Capacity Planning Design, cost and effort estimations
• Experience in cloud comparison & recommendation
• Experience in Cloud (Public & Private) cost optimization
• Designing and set up automated backup and restoration of application/web servers/databases/datalakes to object storage like S3.
• Deliver best in class operations tooling & practices, including CI, CD, chatops, RBA, and RPA
• Writing infrastructure as code for public or private clouds and implement modern cloud Integration architecture using –
o Configuration Management (Chef, Puppet or Ansible )
o SCM (TFS or GIT)
o CI tools (Jenkins or Bamboo)
o Azure Resource Manager, Cloud formation or Google Cloud Deployment Manager
o Scripting language: Python, Bash and Shell
o Container services like ECS, ACS, GCE or Kubernetes
• Architecting and implementing end to end monitoring solution in cloud (Nagios, Zabbix, AppD, CWatch etc) including billing
• Understands compliance, safe harbor and law of land
• Design for failover, high availability, MTTR , MTTF and MTBF
• Must have understanding of SDLC
• Designing and implementing software engineering processes, improve efficiency
• Implementing shift left strategy
• Monitor application, systems and infrastructure health
• Report on business and processes metrics
• Balance governance, ownership and freedom against reliability
• Evaluate the undifferentiated heavy lifting of operating in house solutions versus adopting cloud native services (Public vs. Private)
• Deliver best in class operations tooling & practices, including CI, CD and chatops
• Work closely with Security Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering and SRE
• Develop, motivate, empower, and evaluate individual contributors and grow their professional, leadership, and technical skills
• Provide thought leadership for the development of Cloud COE agenda and COE management.
• Establish relationships with key stakeholders across Global delivery organization to make Cloud COE a go to function.
• Experience in building/supporting/testing/operating IaaS platforms
• Overall experience of 16+ years in Infrastructure, Middleware Administration, and Cloud.
• 5+ years of working in Cloud (Public, & Private) with extensive knowledge on one or more Public Cloud.
• Delivery experience in solutioning, implementing or migrating a large CMS / E-commerce / Enterprise workload to Cloud.
• Proven ability to plan and execute change on an enterprise scale, with outcomes that fulfil the original business case
• Can look through lenses of business, functional, and technology.
• Can manage multiple projects simultaneously; able to evaluate progress or mitigate risks.
• Knowledge of emerging technologies, various platforms, tools and products and their respective applications
• Have worked in a client-facing role or at a client location
• Awareness of industry trends and directions and its impact on IT services
• Experience of working in/with multi-vendor, 3rd parties, and client teams
• Total knowledge of delivery management, various delivery models etc.
• Delivery, stakeholder & client management
• Execution: Ability to identify critical paths and drive the plans to support one or more complex product and platform deliverables with a commitment to quality and time
• Management: A true "roll up the sleeves and get it done" working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
• Communication: Superior communication skills with the ability to present technical topics to non-technical audiences and build partnerships with business area leaders and external solution providers
• Leadership: Ability to maintain high morale, both within the operations group, and externally as well by inspiring trust and sense of achievement. Shape opinions and build confidence in the teams while facilitating new tool and technology evaluations and introducing new processes and practices
• Judgement: Be able to manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture and make sound decisions with limited and incomplete data
• Full time Bachelor’s/Master’s degree(Science or Engineering preferred)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Publicis.Sapient, the Digital Business Transformation hub of Publicis Groupe, is purpose-built to help clients reimagine their business for the digital age, helping ensure what they do has a material impact on their business performance and the experiences of their customers. Publicis.Sapient houses SapientRazorfish and Sapient Consulting—bringing leading digital pioneers, experiences consultants, cutting-edge technologists, and industry experts to partner with our clients.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.