Motiv is looking for a Senior Controls Engineer to join our engineering team as a key contributor. Your primary responsibility will be to model and design control algorithms for multiple modules making up the powertrain of an electric drive vehicle, e.g. battery systems, electric power converters, and motor drives. This will include both component and system level modeling and control. You will work closely with software engineers to implement control algorithms, and with other engineers in tackling system-level design challenges.
Your expertise and attention to detail will be critical in our drive toward freeing fleets from dependence on fossil fuels. Motiv is a growing company with many opportunities for our employees to make contributions in the exciting EV industry.
If you are a creator & facilitator, leader & entrepreneur and you thrive on complicated problems, join us as we spark a transformation in the trucking industry.
- Modeling, simulation, controller design, and validation of electrical and mechanical dynamic systems, specifically: Batteries / DC/DC and DC/AC power converters / Motor drives / Vehicle mechanical systems (drivetrain, suspension, etc.)
- Specifying controller and system level timing, sensing, actuation, and electrical requirements for embedded hardware and software designs, and playing a key role in design reviews
- Applying controls expertise to analyzing system behavior in a wide range of applications and updating models based on new empirical data
- Identifying areas for improvement in the controls system and providing critical input into planning of future development
Required Experience and Skills:
- MS, PhD, or equivalent with focus on controls
- Minimum of 7+ years of professional experience within model and design control
- Knowledge of classical and modern controls, nonlinear systems, off- and on-line optimization, estimation theory
- Strong modeling and simulation experience, including hierarchical and interleaved control systems
- Solid professional power electronics circuit analysis experience
- Hands on debugging experience
- Background implementing algorithms targeted for real-world applications running on embedded hardware
- Ability to read C code and write C functions a plus
- Experience with high power/high voltage electronics
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), HSA, Vision, Dental & 401k
- We offer a generous PTO policy, Group Universal Life, Voluntary Personal Accident and Voluntary Disability Insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance Employee Program
- Healthy Work / Life Balance
- Fresh daily snacks & catered lunch every Friday to all Foster City employees
- Perks at Work - Discounted learning, tickets, electronics, travel, health, restaurants & retail
- Free Online Training & Development
- We are bicycle-friendly, with bicycle storage available to all Foster City employees with a 5 minute walk to the scenic Bay Front
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.