Position Description: The Senior Data Analyst (SDA) will work with a statistical support team to understand, monitor, and convey key performance metrics spanning a variety of databases used in the management and outcome reporting of a large and complex national job-training program. Must possess strong analytical abilities and excellent communication skills to gather required information, identify appropriate data sources and provide timely, meaningful and accurate information in a variety of formats (e.g. reports, dashboards, etc.). The SDA must be able to present large amounts of information in ways that are understandable, easy to interpret, and in which patterns, trends, and correlations can be easily identified. Expert knowledge of data analysis and some experience with statistics including regressions and correlations is are required. The SDA must be experienced at using large and small databases and combining large datasets and experienced in using several software applications for data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Shiny, or Excel including Pivot Tables) to allow information to be represented concisely. Experience with effectively and efficiently leveraging data to support programmatic decisions is preferred. The SDA must stay current with relevant software and certifications.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary. Experience working with the federal government, large non-profits, or social programs is preferred.
The Senior Data Analyst will be assigned to the Office of Job Corps, Department of Labor in Washington, D.C. with bi-monthly meetings with the DIR supervisor.
• Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline) or a Ph. D. in a social science field (e.g. Economics, Psychology, or Sociology)
• 3+ years of experience with data analysis (i.e., statistical and quantitative analyses) and user-focused dashboard design
• 3+ years of experience using databases in conjunction with Business Intelligence (BI) tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, or other software programs)
• 3+ years of experience using statistical software (SAS or R)
• 3+ years of experience working with large databases
• Ability to evaluate and describe analytical results to the client and team members
• Demonstrated experience showing strong critical thinking and problem solving skills paired with a desire to take initiative
• Ability to obtain SF-85, Questionnaire for Non-Sensitive Position, security clearance
• Excellent listening, written, and oral communication skills
• Ability to exercise independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks while under pressure
• Team player with the ability to work with multiple groups and keeping all informed
SENIOR DATA ANALYST – PROJECT SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES
The Senior Data Analyst will work with the Office of Job Corps’ Program Performance Team to understand, monitor, and report on key performance metrics spanning a variety of databases used in the management and outcome reporting of a large and complex national job-training program. The professional will develop presentations with large amounts of information in ways that are understandable, easy to interpret, and in which patterns, trends, and correlations can be easily identified.
In particular, the Senior Data Analyst will work with outcome data as directed by the Program Performance Team. This work will be determined by Job Corps current needs. Examples of possible tasks include using Outcome Measurement System (OMS) data to develop presentations or dashboards on findings on the data itself, trends, comparisons with historical data, etc. Changes in the program including any enrollment freezes or increases can be used as factors to study the effects on performance data. Additionally, the Senior Data Analyst may assist with the analysis and presentation of WIOA results. Presenting information about any identified possible data integrity issues during all analyses and exploring the data will be another area of importance.
With knowledge of data presentation, the Senior Data Analyst will develop infrastructure needed to streamline the data needs of the Program Performance Team to produce regularized and graphic reports. If requested, datasets will be used for all types of data to set up software applications to allow the information to be represented in charts, graphs, infographics, and dashboards.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.