Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
Due to continued growth, we are looking to add a Senior Data Center Engineer to be based out of our Plymouth Meeting, PA location. There is an element of remote support with this opportunity, so the successful candidate will not need to report to the Plymouth Meeting office daily; however, there is also an element of local travel via automobile to reach regional-client locations in the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware area as warranted by the various life-cycle phases of data center solution provision.
As a Senior Data Center Engineer candidates are responsible for providing post-sales design and implementation services for Presidio customers. It is expected that candidate have excellent technical and communication skills in working with vendors, partners and sales to ensure that optimum systems solutions are provided to customers. Candidates are expected to have a minimum of three years’ experience in the technologies listed.
In this position candidates would be responsible for carrying out service delivery for Presidio’s customers throughout the deployment lifecycle (plan, design, implement, optimize, document). Candidates will need to demonstrate a high level of design and implementation experience, be highly motivated, excited about learning new products and technologies, and able to effectively communicate ensuring superior customer service and maintaining a strong customer relationship.
The majority of staging and implementations are performed either on-site with customers (most of which are located in the greater Philadelphia Area) or the Plymouth Meeting office. A small amount of out of region travel can be expected to support remote locations. Some out of normal business hours work can be expected
The essential responsibilities of the Senior Data Center Engineer are to work directly with customers in post sales situations, and to work effectively across functions with other Presidio employees in Sales, Marketing, Proposals, and Project Management areas. Specific responsibilities include:
• Final design meetings with customers
• Staging and Implementation of the technologies listed
• Document specific build information
• Perform training on the technologies listed as it pertains directly to what was configured as part of the solution.
• Provide project status on a regular basis.
• Optionally based on experience - conduct customer workshops and design sessions.
• Answer customer questions.
• Create project deliverables such as requirements documents, cabling details, cutover plans, resiliency test plans, and drawings.
• Provide informal customer knowledge transfer if required.
• Provide direction and mentorship to more junior engineers on the team.
Responsibility and Interaction:
• As a seasoned professional with a wide range of experiences, this individual uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Is responsible for a specific geographical install base and large, complex, high visibility, strategic, or tactically important accounts.
Must have demonstrable design, deployment, administration, configuration, integration, maintenance, and troubleshooting experience with data center storage & virtualization equipment and software, with a high emphasis on hands-on design and implementation experience.
Required Storage, Compute, Virtualization, and Hyperconverged Abilities:
• Cisco UCS
• VMware vSphere
• Unity and/or VNX
• Cisco HyperFlex HX
• RecoverPoint and general storage replication experience
• Pure Storage
• VxRail / VMware vSAN
• Fibre Channel switching (MDS, Nexus FCoE, Brocade)
• Ethernet switching as it pertains to IP storage & hypervisor host connectivity
Other Abilities Considered a Plus:
• VMware Site Recovery Manager
• VMware Horizon View
• VMware vRealize Operations Manager
• Avamar, Data Domain, NetWorker
• A general understanding of Layer 3 Routing Protocols
Education and Experience:
• Experience which demonstrates a significant level of expertise in Storage and Virtualization technologies (minimum 5 to 10 years of experience).
• Relevant EMC, Cisco and VMware Certifications
• A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent is required.
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to email@example.com for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV's not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.