Senior Data Governance Specialist
The primary responsibility of the data governance specialist is supporting the development and implementation of data standards and management of data governance efforts for the respective data domain. This role will create and maintain related data glossaries, information and business process documentation that support data standards and controls by which to govern.
This role is responsible for the daily operations within the Data Governance team for the respective domain. This role will also work in collaboration with IT to drive tool capabilities designed to enable data quality and management of data policies and process.
• Support in developing and managing data standards for the respective data domain.
• Manage all data standardization documentation such as business data glossary and metadata information that support data standards.
• Develop and manage change control with supporting tool capabilities such as SharePoint or Service Now (SNOW).
• Create and manage process workflows and standard operating procedures documentation relating to data standardization and governance activities.
• Provide support to implement and develop data standards, facilitate data standardization workshops, facilitate data governance council meetings and support continuous improvement efforts to expand data governance framework for the domain.
• Collaborate with IT partners at operational level to help implement and drive MDM tool capabilities designed to bridge data governance processes with technology.
• Conduct downstream impact assessments with IT applications owners as part of Data Standardization process. Confirm data decisions align with downstream application capabilities/restrictions. Identify gaps and plan course of actions to remediate.
• Ability to communicate and present to various levels of the organization with business facing skills to lead discussions as needed.
• Provide technical assistance to business users regarding master data across various systems.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in information data standardization, governance and data management.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in business process management or improvement.
• Prefer experience with people management and/or project management.
• Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Marketing, Finance, Computer or Information Science.
• Technical abilities and analytical skills to perform root cause and other related technical analyses.
• Practical experience designing and documenting business processes and sub-processes.
• Solid project management skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
• Proficient in use of MS Excel, Power Point, Share Point and Service Now (SNOW).
• Data expertise in vendor, customer, site or consumer domain desired.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.