Senior Data Scientist - Hux
Do you enjoy exploring datasets? Are you passionate about helping people make sense of terabytes of data? If so, Hux is seeking creative minds and persistent problem solvers to build and support cutting-edge marketing data science solutions that help our clients deliver customer value at every touchpoint.
At Hux, we combine our clients’ customer data across all channels (in-store, online & call center) in order to develop state-of-the-art decisioning models that give them an edge in the marketplace.
We’re expanding fast and need brilliant data scientists like you to fuel our continuing innovation and growth. Along the way, you’ll find exceptional development opportunities limited only by your hunger for learning and applying new technologies in our exciting, start-up-like environment.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be tasked with solving end to end data problems. This means:
• Analyzing customer data sets to understand drivers of specific behaviors and understanding how to influence outcomes for enterprise B-to-C, or other consumer interaction management such as recruitment where control of outcomes and maximization of a conversion process efficiency, or driving a specific outcome is often the goal.
• Consulting and delivering advertising, consumer or recruitment marketing for enterprise clients across multiple vertical markets
• Investigating existing client data sources, appraise how data is used today, appraise what changes could be made to data collection and cleansing to improve actionable value
• Recommending and appraising the value of adding external data sources that are not used today, based on experience be able to judge the magnitude of the monetary opportunity to the client based on these appraisals.
• Credibly leading onsite meetings with the client to explore their requirements and data
• Leading and developing more junior level data scientists or other quantitative marketers in the appraisal of specific opportunities and activities;
• Supervising the delivery of solutions and improved outcomes for the client.
• Leveraging existing knowledge of external consumer level data sets of all types including - behavioral, demographic, etc. - assembled by any of the large data providers
• Utilizing previous experience with data collected across all touch points, including CRM or other online interaction/behavioral data
• Applying past knowledge of advertising media and audience modeling
• Using your experience with Privacy and Consent management practices and the legal implications of working with PII and/or anonymous consumer data sets.
• Leveraging previous knowledge of A/B testing and uplift modeling approaches to quantify commercial gains resulting from proposed and actioned process improvements
Because this is a senior role, you will carry out research in an autonomous fashion and interact closely with clients with varying levels of subject matter expertise.
You’ll join a team of passionate, talented data scientists who collaborate to design, build and maintain cutting-edge models that arm our clients with the ability to spot customer value and act upon it. If you’re intellectually curious, hardworking and solution-oriented, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, collaborative environment. In addition to working with our data science team, you’ll also work closely with our data engineering team to develop top-of-the-line data pipelines.
• A Master’s in a quantitative field (engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics or computer science) are the ideal candidates. Those with a Master’s degree should also have a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
• 5+ years post-academia working hands-on with data and quantitative methods to influence consumer outcomes
• Willingness to travel up to 30%g
• Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role.
What you will need to be successful:
• Good problem decomposition skills and autonomy when faced with solving data problems.
• Experience manipulating large marketing data sets and performing ETL (in SQL).
• Excellent hands-on knowledge of modeling approaches such as Boosted Trees and Logistic regression.
• Experience with large data sets generated in the Ad Tech or Marketing technology spaces.
• Demonstrated communication capabilities. We will ask to explain your insights to people beyond the data science team. This means knowing how to best craft your message and selecting the right visualizations
Things that would help you stand out:
• A PhD in a quantitative field (engineering, mathematics, physics, machine learning, statistics or computer science) is preferred.
• Active US-security clearance is a big plus.
• 10+ years post-academia working hands-on with consumer data, across multiple large enterprises, most likely in a consulting function but possibly as an internal expert resource
• Ability to write Python code is extremely beneficial
• Experience with end-to-end Data Science solutions such as H2O Driverless or Data Robot.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Deloitte is one of the "Big Four" accounting firms and the largest professional services network in the world by revenue and number of professionals.
Adoption assistance; sabbaticals; pet insurance; health and fitness expenses assistance (gym memberships, gym equipment, Weight Watchers, etc.); pension; tuition reimbursement program.
Recruiter phone screen; tech assessment/tech phone screen; 1-2 phone interviews; 1-2 onsite interviews. Time to hire: 3-6 weeks.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.