Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global market leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. We are on a mission to redefine how organizations connect with their audiences - and that’s just the beginning!
Organizations, big and small, depend on us to accurately publicize market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and investor relations websites, and generate social engagements that continuously develop interactions with their target audience.
About The Team
The Information Technology team is a diverse, multi-skilled group working in a collaborative, supportive and flexible environment where individual contributions have serious impact. We work on exciting projects, use modern technologies and offer many cross-disciplinary opportunities as well as space for continuing education and personal growth. We use the Scrum development methodology to ensure that team members work at a sustainable pace and have the support they need to do their jobs. We also know what it takes to balance busy family and work schedules so we try to be flexible in this area.
About The Role
Reporting to the DevOps Manager, the Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for implementing, testing and supporting Business Wire’s web sites, client portals, APIs and web services. As a member of the DevOps team, you will partner with other engineers, business analysts, UI designers, and project managers to help build and support applications for our web site, news processing, syndication, and metrics reporting systems.
What You'll Do
• Work with developers to improve workflows around software development
• Automate how software is built, tested, and deployed (Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline)
• Build scalable infrastructure using CDN and cloud service providers (AWS)
• Automate the provisioning of cloud resources (CloudFormation, Terraform)
• Build and maintain monitoring, alerting, and trending operational tools (CloudWatch, New Relic, Splunk, ELK)
• Support 24x7 on-call rotation, respond to alerts, troubleshoot and resolve problems
• Research and evaluate new technologies
• Train and mentor more junior personnel
What You'll Need
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a computer-related field
• 5+ years of IT operations or software development experience
• 1+ year of experience with AWS including Lambda, ECS, EC2, VPC, etc.
• 1+ year of experience with Docker
• A strong understanding of Linux administration (bash scripting)
• Experience creating web applications or services using Node.js, Go, Python, or similar
• Experience with web servers, IP networking, DNS, SSL certificates, etc
• Experience with back-end data stores such as MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis, or ElasticSearch
• Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and documentation skills
• Experience with Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
• Github repository
Business Wire is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Business Wire will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure.
Reimbursement plans for gym memberships; education classes.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.