Rakuten Marketing is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to maintain, develop, support and improve cloud infrastructure for highly-available and scalable production operations at Rakuten. Work with team members and other teams to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
• Maintain, develop, and operate a high-availability and high-rate production environment.
• Assist with launching new and upgrading existing applications.
• Upgrades system software, applies patches, and ensures security of systems.
• Mentor, advise, and train other team members.
• Use monitoring tools to identify operational anomalies and take action to resolve them.
• Follow, create, and edit documentation for routing system tasks
• Demonstrate ability to be a flexible, organized, thoughtful, and proactive team player who can work with minimal guidance as well as strong abilities in communication.
• Explore new technologies and solutions to enhance operational excellence and cost efficiencies
2 – 5+ years overall experience with the following skillsets:
• Server Administration with Linux (Ubuntu, RedHat/Centos)
• Scripting (Bash, Python)
• Cloud Experience (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Service, OpenStack)
• Docker with orchestration experience (e.g. Kubernetes)
• Automation (such as CI/CD experience with Jenkins, CircleCI)
• Monitoring (Prometheus preferred)
• Configuration and Change Management (such as ansible and chef)
• Networking concepts (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP)
• Must be comfortable working in a team environment supporting technologies critical to production infrastructure
• Must be able to work on multiple inflight projects
• Must have an aptitude and a desire for proactive support of research and innovation. A thoughtful, collaborative approach with end users, staff colleagues, and other IT professionals is essential.
• Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills as well the ability to work under minimal supervision in a flexible, team-oriented environment.
• Perform on call responsibilities as part of a rotation
• Experience with highly-available clustered server environments a plus.
• Experience with technical writing and writing end procedure or instructional documentation.
• Ability to provide technical support, solve problems, and perform system maintenance in support of high-availability production operations.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Experience with performance engineering and troubleshooting a plus.
• Experience with no-sql databases (e.g. Mongo, Couchbase)
• Experience with relation databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres)
• Experience with HashiCorp Products (e.g. Terraform, Vault, Packer)
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.