Key Position Details:
GEICO is looking for an experienced Senior DevOps Network Engineer to work on innovative, enterprise level azure network design and implementation of networking solution in GEICO's Azure environment. Candidate will be responsible for the design, documentation, automation, development, operations of Vnets/ Subnets/ NSG changes and support/troubleshoot connectivity issues within the GEICO network (Azure and on-prem). Candidate is expected to work on aggressive timelines for project, engage with application DevOps and other teams to troubleshoot highly secure and complex network environments. Candidate is also expected to perform development activities using but not limited to C#, .NET 4.5+ framework, PowerShell 4.0+ scripts to provide a reliable and scalable automation to support the above mentioned tasks and support application troubleshooting. Candidate should be able to multitask and work in an agile environment. This job includes collaboration with multiple teams including but not limited to application DevOps/Infrastructure teams, security, network, architecture, engineering and project management teams.
- 5+ years in designing, supporting/troubleshooting and deploying network configuration.
- 3+ years in developing PowerShell scripts and C# applications.
- Develop and maintain an extensive understanding of the GEICO's Azure network environment
- Validate and update key engineering artifacts such as standards/best practices, design documents and decisions.
- Design and document solutions to meet requirements and that are easily scalable for the enterprise.
- Work closely with architects and engineering teams to understand emerging technologies
- Transforming, integrating, and automating network infrastructure to tightly integrate with SDN(Software Defined Networking).
- Develop and write PowerShell scripts in PowerShell version 4.0+.
- Develop and write C# code using .NET 4.5+ framework to support the automation for network related changes/deployment.
- Monitor and troubleshoot network related issues to support application teams.
- Participate in network health diagnostics and optimization via proper monitoring and capacity planning.
- Assist with the definition and tracking of key performance metrics.
- Knowledge on firewalls and Load balancers is a must.
- Very strong technical knowledge of enterprise networking solutions for very large environments
- Demonstrated Self-motivation, leadership ability, strong team player who enjoys a fast-paced atmosphere
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
- Ability to learn very quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Azure services and Software Defined Networking is highly valued.
- Worked in a team using agile methodologies.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.