QE lead will collaborate closely with engineers, business analysts, product owners and other team members to determine appropriate acceptance criteria for all changes (new features as well as updates), determine test strategy, design & implement automated tests, manage test suite & lead team of quality engineers
· Responsible to design and implement manual/automated tests based on the agreed-upon acceptance criteria.
· Responsible to setup the execution of automated tests as needed, via Continuous Integration (CI) tools
· Responsible to review the results of automated tests and take appropriate action (e.g. file defects, update test code/data/configuration etc.)
· Responsible to ensure that any areas not covered by automated tests are validated via alternate mechanisms
Qualifications / Skills
· Analytical competence, which supports Test creation
· Strong communication skills to work closely with business stakeholders and take them through quality processes
· Active Participation in determining acceptance criteria of new features as well as changes
· Determine appropriate test strategy for changes
· Determine impact to test suite – need for new tests, maintenance to current tests etc.
· Determine test data requirements for new tests
· Technical competence, which supports Test Implementation
· Familiar with testing mobile responsive and native mobile applications across various supported platforms
· Familiar with Demandware/SFCC, Adobe Experience Manager, or similar content creation and publishing platforms
· Eye for detail to ensure close adherence to visual specifications
· Experience with Acceptance Driven Development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approaches to developing and testing software
· Experience with Cucumber/Gherkin language to specify scenarios, or alternate tools in the same space such as Behat, Watir etc.
· Familiar with creation and applying automated tests using Java or other programming languages to test UI as well as Web services
· Familiar with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL etc.), as well as NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra etc.)
· Familiar with modern version control systems such as Git, Bit Bucket or similar
· Familiar with leveraging Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins to setup tests to execute on schedule, on demand or true CI (e.g. chained to code commits)
· Familiar with using tools such as SumoLogic, Loggly or other logging tools to correlate defects against other events of interest
· Familiar with Fiddler, Charles, Postman, REST-Client, SOAP UI or similar tools to independently test REST end points to correlate and isolate defect causes
Other competence, which supports Quality
· Strong adherent to agile principles in letter as well as in spirit. Knows and follows Agile convention, but importantly internalizes the Agile spirit
· Strong communicator – able to work closely with counterparts in a cross-functional, Agile team setting, to understand product needs and implement the right automated tests
· Understands the importance of data insofar as to analyze reported issues, inform severity of defects, inform the priority of tests
· Understands the importance of metrics in the modern software organization and supports the automated generation of such metrics as an outcome of normal work. Observes patterns in the metrics and takes appropriate action
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.