Intellisense Systems, Inc., is a Southern California high tech company specializing in advanced military defense, homeland security, and energy solutions. We are seeking a Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer for our Automation, Robotics, and Sensor Systems Department. The successful candidate will bring significant expertise in FPGA firmware development specializing in video and graphical processing.
This role will develop embedded system architectures and designs for emerging military products meeting aerospace Design Assurance Level requirements. We are looking for an energetic and motivated candidate with the ability to address multiple projects and requirements in our rapidly growing business. The candidate will have a proven track-record of decomposing a complex overall effort into easily manageable subroutines / sections. The candidate will be an expert RTL coder (VHDL/Verilog) with direct experience working closely with electrical hardware engineers. The candidate will work with the team to create and implement designs from concept to prototype to qualified product. This is a hands-on technical position for someone looking for a role as a key contributor on a growing team.
• RTL coding and simulation including development experience (VHDL, Verilog) and tools (Xilinx Vivado, ISE, Quartus)
• Experience on simulation and synthesis (using, e.g., ModelSim, Synopsys, Vivado, Quartus)
• Embedded firmware (C) code development a plus
• Experience with video interface experience is required (DVI, HD-SDI, ARINC-818, VGA, RS-170, RS-343)
• Experience developing RTL utilizing FPGAs and System-on-Chips to perform, for example, direct memory access, AXI bus interface, clock domain crossing, SERDES.
• Experience with standard communication interfaces: I2C, SPI, RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, USB 2.0 / 3.0, Ethernet, Gigabit-Ethernet, CAN BUS, MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, ARINC-708.
• Assist with systems engineering in allocating and developing board level requirements to ensure the overall objectives are addressed.
• Experience utilizing electrical hardware design and simulation tools (e.g., Altium, OrCAD, PSpice) a plus.
• Effective communication skills (oral and written) including generating engineering documents such as ICD, ATP, QTP, ESS and presenting design progress a major project milestones (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR)
• Participate in internal hardware design reviews and perform code reviews for firmware and software.
• Experienced in developing interface control documents and board level test procedures.
• Familiarity with Matlab and/or Python for signal and data analysis is a plus.
• Perform hands-on requirements verification testing in the lab to produce and finalize documentation.Experience with DO-254, CMMI Level 3, HOST and mission-critical system architectures a plus.
• Experienced in developing military grade qualified avionics is a plus.
• A proven track record as a contributor in a team environment is essential.
• U.S. Citizenship is required. Must be willing and able to obtain a Security Clearance or have an active Secret Security Clearance.
• Develop and review technical data package documentation.
• Interface with internal multidisciplinary engineering team and management as well as external stakeholders including customers, design engineering representatives, and contractors to ensure hardware design quality and customer satisfaction
EDUCATION and Experience:
• B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or a related field with 8+ years of experience or Masters with 6+ years experience in FPGA firmware development.
• A minimum of 6 years of direct experience in the design of firmware for high reliability or mission critical systems.
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Intellisense Systems, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.