The Senior Systems Administrator – Financial Systems is responsible for all aspects of application planning, execution and support including maintaining, configuring and updating the system, security planning, integration, disaster recovery, administering the change control process, providing technical support, implementing new functionality, product utilization, vendor management, application standards and support best practices.
• Leads and supports the administration of financial systems within the organization; including initiatives to increased functionality, lowered costs, and evolving tools
• Develops and maintains routine and ad hoc reports to assist the finance and accounting teams; including writing SQL scripts and queries
• Interprets product/ project requirements and translates into solutions
• Provides first level helpdesk end-user and month end reporting processing support to finance and accounting teams
• Supports in overall financial systems development, testing, Disaster Recovery and production; including promoting the re-use of code, components, and systems for wide-range company use
• Administers the change control and quality assurance process to ensure stability of the system
• Monitors application health, runs tests to diagnose problems, and takes action to fix internal software, third party add-ons, and SQL Server database
• Installs, configures, upgrades and integrates third party applications and tools as needed
• Collaborates with all users and members of IT to ensure successful application and database implementations
• Analyzes existing and future application/product volumetric to ensure the solutions is scalable for business growth
• Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from a 4 year college or university
• Minimum of 5 years in application design, implementation and support of financial systems or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with warehouse management, transportation management, customs brokerage, retail, and/or e-commerce preferred
• Experience with basic knowledge of .NET programming and API integrations with HTTP/REST/JSON
• Experience with code quality, continuous delivery, testing and Financial Tools
• Experience with financial systems like Dynamics GP, Dynamics AX, or Hyperion/Essbase
• Experience working with Enterprise scheduling tools like Automic
• Experience with ETL tools like ODI, SSIS, Stream sets, etc
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Visio, Excel, and Outlook
• Ability to translate business and feature requirements into technical specifications
• Ability to think strategically and evaluate options for a short, medium- and long-term delivery
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
• Demonstrable ability developing software in a SOA paradigm
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
• Ability to scope, execute and deliver projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.