The selected candidate will support Agile Application Development technologies and capabilities in the areas of software development, systems engineering, integration, and test of software applications and infrastructure. This effort will support the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
• Will work within a fast-paced Agile DevOps team contributing and collaborating within your scrum team on a daily basis.
• Analyze software requirements and provide solutions. Perform analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of software solutions.
• Provide consultation and support services for the full life cycle of software product development. These activities will include communication with the user community during requirements analysis, prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems.
• Evaluate new software products and technologies and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems or build new ones.
• Provide software development support for the prototyping of analytical tools, data management and user interfaces to databases, and computational utilities.
• Support the Scrum team in reviewing Pull Requests and help junior and mid level developers with technical tasks as well as promoting features through the CI pipeline.
Must be able to pass a DHS Suitability clearance
• Minimum 6+ years software development experience
• Demonstrated experience with secure development, coding, engineering using Fortify, SonarQube and Twistlock
• Proficient in Java Spring Boot and JPA
• Full Stack Development capabilities supporting Database, server side development, front end development and CI/CD integration
• Experience working within a Continuous Integration environment using Docker and Docker Compose to promote through multiple environments
• Experience working with AWS tools and environments
• Experience writing automated tests
• Preferred experience with Jira or a similar scrum management tool
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Seeking candidates for mid to senior levels
• Experience with Asynchronous messaging using Kafka and JMS
• Java and J2EE (full stack)
• OpenShift PaaS using Docker
• Experience in Java with Spring MVC/REST/Data/Boot, JUnit and JPA
• Experience with the following technologies: Angular (typescript), React (typescript) or NodeJS
• XML and JSON
• Writing queries with relational databases
• Testing frameworks Selenium, Cumber, JUnit/TestNG
• Automated Test-Driven Development (ATDD) tools using Selenium, Cucumber
• Kafka/JMS and messaging tools
• Desired: Docker, Docker Compose, Git, Jenkins, Java Applications servers (Tomcat/JBoss/etc), SQL and NoSQL DB, Gradle or Maven, Agile Development
• Additional Desired: Liquibase, Flyway, ElasticSearch, Solr/Lucene, Cucumber
• Continuous integration tools and DevOps automation
• DHS/USCIS experience preferred
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have or are able to obtain a Government Agency Suitability Clearance.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
The Geocent family changes the world by creating unique technical to solve the nation’s most challenging problems. Come join Geocent to be a part of a positive culture as we strive towards Enabling Our Warfighters, Protecting the Homeland, Enabling Deep Space Exploration, Serving Our Veterans, Securing the Infrastructure, and Building the Cloud.
Geocent offers exciting and bold opportunities in information technology and engineering fields. We serve a diverse group of clients nationwide while staying true to our company culture. That’s why we offer a comprehensive package of benefits and perks aimed at assisting and supporting our employees professionally and personally.
For More Information, Visit https://www.geocent.com/careers/
• Ruby on Rails
• Team Managed Deployments
• Data Analytics
• Machine Learning
• Continuous Integration
• Data Scientists
• Elastic Search
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.