Purpose of Job:
The Senior Hardware Engineer II will be responsible for research, design, and building APCON’s next generation of products while contributing to the existing product lines.
- Designs and develops new leading edge network switch solutions from conception through production
- Analyzes hardware requirements to determine the feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Consults with engineering team members to evaluate operational and performance requirements of overall system
- Participates in technical reviews of product requirements
- Develops functional tests to support quality assurance
- Design and implement design verification tests (DVT)
- Updates existing product lines as needed
- Works closely with SW engineers to optimize design and debug products
- Works in both an independent and team member environment to meet product delivery goals
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ years hardware development experience in a communications related product design for an Ethernet switching or routing products
- Experience in 1G/10G/25G/100G Ethernet or other high speed digital designs
- Experience with a variety of local buses and interfaces - PCIe, SATA, SGMII, RXAUI, etc
- Use of CAD design tools for schematic entry, and some experience using PCB layout tools (Cadence OrCAD and Allegro preferred)
- Validation of design via writing, compiling and execution of test code, drivers and physical measurements
- Intermediate level Verilog or VHDL coding for FPGA/CPLD
- Experience with channel modeling, tuning and validation of boards
- Experience with tools used for physical modeling of the board, i.e. Hyperlynx, HFSS, Ansoft, CST and/or AWR
- Familiar with C/C++/Assembly as required to develop, test and debug embedded system designs
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate professionally across the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, presentation, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional customer support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
BS degree (BSEE strongly preferred, MSEE a plus) or the equivalent in training and experience
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible spending accounts
- Healthy work-life balance and generous paid time off program
- Retirement savings match
- Professional development program
- Volunteer time off and employee assistance plan
- Collaborative and innovative work environment
- On-site exercise facility
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, natural origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.