Position Title: Java Developer
Location: Reston, VA
Security Clearance Type: NA
Work Status: US Citizenship or Green Card is required to support a Federal Client
Position Status: Full time
OBXtek is seeking a Full Stack Java Developer to join our team in Reston, VA. This position will support the Technical Lead and other Java and UI developers with software development tasking at the U.S. Department of Labor.
OBXtek provides OSHA program management, software development, training, help desk, infrastructure operations and production support. This work includes leading edge SOA software development implementing an Oracle Service Bus architecture, SAP Business Objects business intelligence data warehousing/reporting support, instructor led and virtual user training, and a call center for users of the OSHA Information Systems (OIS). In addition to software engineering OBXtek delivers consultative and administrative support to multiple OSHA regions.
The OSHA Information System (OIS) itself is a Case Management solution implemented in several distinct application modules. These tools are mission critical to OSHA’s enforcement, compliance assistance, consultation and outreach efforts. OIS is also meant to interface with national research laboratories, Treasury, Pay.gov, and banks.
OIS represents and ongoing and significant investment of Department of Labor / OSHA dollars into information technology infrastructure and programming. OIS tools are used nationwide across all OSHA regions and interface with a number of other information technology systems maintained by the Department of Labor, Treasury, State governments, etc. OIS O&M and new development must be planned and executed with Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC) and related Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management and Earned Value Management principals in mind.
• Responsible for the design, development and engineering of REST and SOAP web services
• Responsible for coding and documenting quality code using best practices, such as unit test integration.
• Responsible for troubleshooting system issues related to software applications.
• Responsible for providing updates in daily Agile Scrums, providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required.
• 6-8 years of development experience
• 2-3 years of front-end experience with Angular Framework
• 2-3 years of back-end experience using Java programming language
• 2-3 years of experience with testing frameworks and tools such as Junit, Mockito, Karma, Protractor, etc.
• Strong working knowledge of rest services environment, and formats such as RESTful APIs, and JSON
• Must understand cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
• Must understand asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Experience with 508 compliant applications is a plus
• Experience with Java Spring framework is a plus
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools such as Jenkins is a plus
Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA is a plus.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
OBXtek Inc. is a 10-year old, established, award-winning, service disabled veteran owned business providing information technology and professional management services to the federal government. Our corporate growth has coincided with our investment in our employees as well as in outreach to our civilian and military community.
Provide our federal government customers with exceptional value in information technology, program and project management, and other professional consulting services to support their mission.
Provide our employees the authority to think freely and act independently.
Exceed our customers and partner’s expectations to maximize referrals and grow our business.
Ensure company growth is based upon sound financial and management principles.
Maintain our small business values while providing big business results.
Provide competitive pricing to our customers by controlling costs.
Increase OBXtek business by developing trusted teammates.
Our general hiring process is generally as follows:
* Our recruiting team will review and screen your resume.
* If your skills and background are a match, you will receive an email and/or a call to discuss the job and your skills.
* After the screening, the recruiter will forward you to the Program/Project Manager for the job you are interested in pursuing.
* The manager will review and work with the recruiter to schedule an interview - either in person or on the phone.
* Depending on the contract, our PM might also schedule a technical interview.
* If all goes well, the PM will ask the recruiter to make an offer for the position and an emailed offer will be sent to you.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.