With tremendous market success in our Cloud Applications, especially in ERP Cloud, Higher Ed institutions have expressed unprecedented interest in embarking a cloud adoption journey with Oracle. Student Information Systems, a critical functional area to complete in our SaaS footprint for Higher Ed, is one top investment priority for Oracle. With over 800+ institutions using Campus Solutions today, our charter is to strike the balance of accelerating the delivery of Student Cloud while continue to deliver value for existing Campus Solutions customers.
We leverage an agile development methodology (scrum) to facilitate the development of our products. Our development practices include empowered scrum teams, continuous build and integration, weekly sprint reviews, and a heavy emphasis on testing early and often.
You should be able to work independently, mentor others and be a highly contributing member of an agile team. She/he has excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with a successful track record of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
The position is located in the UK (remote working available, or you can be based from one of our development centres). We are looking for a hands-on senior engineer with a passion for developing our Student Cloud solution.
Candidate will be responsible for:
• Contributing to a world class, geographically distributed development team.
• Delivering large-scale projects on-time with high quality.
• Guiding developers in day-to-day design and coding tasks
• Design, Development and implementation of projects.
• Working closely with Product Architects, Product Managers, Quality Assurance, and other development teams.
• Developing backend logic using Core Java & J2EE technologies including web services, servlets.
• Participating in code reviews
• Engaging actively in developing technical designs
• Keeping abreast of the latest technologies (including Oracle technologies) and assimilating them into the product suites
• Pro-actively mentoring and keeping track of team mates’ progress
• Ensuring compliance with development methodology and technical process
• Extensive experience developing web UI’s using Java Script libraries and/or frameworks (jQuery, Angular, React, Node, Knockout, Backbone, Require, Bootstrap, etc)
• Experience in Java technologies like JSP, Servlets, Web services, REST etc.
• Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, GWT, Spring MVC)
• Bachelors or Master Degree (B.Tech, M.Tech)
• Excellent product development skills - designing, coding, and debugging skills in Java, J2EE is useful
• Experience of database design/modelling, knowledge of RDBMS concepts is required
• Experience of 5-12 yrs. in product development is required.
• Experiences with cloud platforms, cloud technologies/deployments
• Thorough understanding of OO principles
• Experience in higher education product/domain or Fusion Tech Stack (Jdeveloper, ADF) will be preferred
• Experience with unit testing technologies such as Karma, Jasmine, Protractor, Mocha, and/or Chai a plus
• Experience with SASS, Gulp, Grunt a plus
• Excellent analysis and prioritization skills
• Self-starter, able to deliver projects on time meeting high quality standards
• Aggressive, ability to find solutions
• Effective communication skills (written and spoken) and strong problem-solving skills
Creative, analytical, adaptive, good team player, committed to quality, self-motivated
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.