Senior Systems Administrator, 2019-3609
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
MSC is currently searching for a Senior Systems Administrator to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The successful candidate will who will be responsible for the effective and efficient operations, including maintenance and administration, of all UNIX and Windows-based computer systems. This is a full-time salaried position onsite in Bethesda/Rockville, MD.
• Develop project plans and status reports for senior management. Assist Enterprise Operation Manager to participate in enterprise project deployment or resolve operational issues.
• Establish system parameters and formats to ensure hardware/software compatibility
• Coordinate and/or modify project requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities.
• Evaluate, test and validate new releases and variations of system configurations; analyzing and adjusting UNIX/LINUX and Windows servers for performance and efficient operations; maintaining a high level of optimization on an ongoing basis; and developing and implementing system monitoring procedures.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
• Routine system administration of UNIX/LINUX and Windows systems.
• Apply system patches and perform vulnerabilities management.
• Configure and maintain UNIX /LINUX and Windows system integration; Network File Sharing between UNIX/LINUX and Windows environments.
• Build software distributions for Windows and UNIX/LINUX operating systems.
• Install and configure software applications.
• Backup, archival and storage administration.
• Create and update procedure documents.
• Shell/script/Perl/Expect programming for systems when necessary
• Hands-on expertise with debugging experiences in Red Hat LINUX system administration.
• Proficiency in Linux system security and patch management.
• Strong working knowledge of Tape Libraries, SAN Storage Solutions, such as NAS appliances such as NETAPPs and Dell are required.
• Experience in writing shell scripts and/or in Perl/Expect.
• Experience in administering systems in a networked environment.
• Experience in MS Hyper-V and/or VMware.
• Ability to both take direction and work in a self-directed environment; to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts; and ability to work, as an effective team member is essential.
• Ability to provide effectively written work status report.
• Excellent organization and time management skills and flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
• Excellent team skills, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
• 5 or more years of experience with a B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field.
• Knowledge of LAN, WAN, and TCP/IP, SMTP, POP/IMAP protocols.
• Proficiency in DNS, NFS, NIS, Active Directory, LDAP.
• Experience in Windows desktop support, group policy and Windows scripting.
• Database administration skill in Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL.
• Experience in writing Power Shell, DOS batch, and C/JAVA programs.
• Experience in setup, configuration and maintenance of F5 Big IP or Resonate load balance software.
• Intimate knowledge in IP Table and SELinux.
• RedHat Linux certification and/or Microsoft MCSE.
• Experience in customer relation and support.
• Experience in IT team management.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Dovel Technologies advances the mission of its customers in health, life sciences, and information management through the integration of technology and domain expertise to deliver technology solutions for highly complex and data-driven environments.
PL/SQL, SQL, NoSQL, AWS, Bash, Powershell, Python, Groovy, Docker
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.