Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Medical Science & Computing is searching for a Senior MySQL Database Administrator to support the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), part of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Install, configure and maintain MySQL and similar servers (like MariaDB, Percona, etc.);
• Monitor availability and performance of production databases and servers;
• Daily database maintenance, user assistance and troubleshooting;
• Analyze and resolve complex technical problems, including performance tuning, and application design and debugging;
• Conduct/support OS and hardware maintenance in coordination with system group;
• Participate and perform migrations into Development/Production environments;
• Monitor database backups and maintain recovery procedures;
• Administer and follow MySQL Server and other security standards;
• Plan database and server level capacity according to statistics and user requests;
• Work through disaster recovery plans with other groups and departments;
• Create and configure new accounts, databases and other server objects;
• Communicate/work effectively in a team environment.
• B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline;
• 5+ year of hands-on database administration experience using MySQL Server or another RDBMS;
• Experience in maintaining large databases, supporting OLTP applications, and good knowledge of Replication technologies;
• Experience in support of database servers or similar products on Unix/Linux platform;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• MySQL Server certification is a plus;
• Hands-on experience in application development using MySQL is a plus;
• Systems analysis and design experience is a plus;
• Experience in software development with scripting languages (Perl, Python) is a plus.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Dovel Technologies advances the mission of its customers in health, life sciences, and information management through the integration of technology and domain expertise to deliver technology solutions for highly complex and data-driven environments.
PL/SQL, SQL, NoSQL, AWS, Bash, Powershell, Python, Groovy, Docker
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and be seen.