We know you know GEICO. But you should get to know us for great careers, too. And, right now, we’re looking for a Senior .NET Software Developer to start a GEICO career in Chevy Chase, MD. Our applications are undergoing rapid modernization efforts to develop new technologies, moving to new Cloud infrastructure, and rolling out DevOps processes. You’ll apply your .NET software development skills on a team with top honors in web and mobile development and innovate for over 15 million policyholders.
At GEICO, it’s not just a job, it’s growth and opportunity.
There's one thing our associates all have in common: they found a career they never expected. With coaching and mentoring, you will find your position as a Senior .NET Software Developer can become a career in the most unexpected and rewarding ways.
· With most of our programs and software being connected to the .NET platform, you have a tremendous opportunity to make an impact at GEICO
· You’ll be exposed to senior management while working on high profile, challenging projects
“There are so many avenues of professional development at GEICO, including user groups, mentorship, technology classes, and development programs!” Jasmine J., GEICO Associate since 2015
Get ready to join a company you can believe in and work alongside a team of associates who care.Teaming up with programmers, developers, scrum masters, leads, managers and directors, you will:
· Deliver first-class software that solves real business problems
· Perform advanced-level application analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation activities
· Provide input and feedback to others on topics of architecture design, code quality, and business solutions
We are looking for people with results they are proud of, such as:
· Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
· Working knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, SOA, IOC, Dependency Injection, and Mocking
· Four plus years of experience in full .NET software development, especially in the areas of: Visual Studio, TFS, C#, SQL Server, WCF, ASP.NET, Web API, LINQ, SOAP, and REST
· Four plus years of development in a large-scale, multi-platform environment is required
· Experience in Agile Application Development & Scrum methodologies is preferred
· Passionate about software development and delivering high quality applications
· Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills is a must
· Must possess a strong sense of ownership, responsibility, and initiative
· Flexibility to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently, yet function as an integral part of a team
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
As the second-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States, GEICO provides more than 16 million auto policies and insures more than 24 million vehicles.
Profit sharing; tuition reimbursement; associate assistance program; FSA; business casual dress; fitness and dining facilities at most locations; clubs and sports teams; volunteer opportunities.
.NET, C#, PowerShell, Java, Spring, Hibernate, SQL, JSON, Maven, Jenkins, TestNG, Selenium
Phone or video interview with hiring team (may include applicant providing sample work at or prior to interview); onsite or video interview (applicant answers technical questions and speaks to skillset and project work).
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.