This position is responsible for the administration of LAN/WAN technology infrastructure hardware, including routers, switches, radios, VSATs, specialized infrastructure servers, network cabling, etc. Employee will assist with management of data and voice communications including telecommunication circuits, data radio, wireless, and satellite communication paths. Communications infrastructure support involves close collaboration with other departments.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to):
Perform installation and maintenance of network infrastructure hardware and software
Monitor network and tune performance
Detect and respond to network outages
Research and test updates to existing technology; suggest new technologies
Suggest computing and networking standards for the company
Extensive business travel and after-hour support may be required
Required to carry a company issued cell-phone and may be part of an on-call rotation
Develop relationships with customers and vendors
Participate on infrastructure related projects and teams
Translate company vision and strategy into individual goals
Project a professional image to internal/external customers and clients
Receives general instructions on most work assignments
Work assignments reviewed upon completion
Perform continuous self- improvement
Possess understanding of business processes, network protocols, and system architecture
Other duties as assigned
- Valid driver’s license and insurability
- Reliable attendance, scheduling flexibility when job demands require
- Ability to work positively and effectively prioritize in a high-stress, demanding environment
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience as determined by the company
- 4 years experience in Network or related area
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN technologies required including Cisco IP networking and telephony
- Knowledge of Linux, Microsoft Windows, PC hardware, and peripherals highly desirable
- Ability to provide high quality individual assistance to end-users at all levels/ability and ensure a good working relationship is maintained with end-users
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to interact with other technical groups
- A desire to expand current knowledge and skills
- Well organized with a high degree of initiative and motivation
- Ability to work independently or in a team situation
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.