Masimo (NASDAQ: MASI) headquartered in Irvine, California, is a fast-growing and award-winning international medical technology and device company with operations spanning the globe. We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 25 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com
The primary objective of the Senior Network Engineer will be to analyze, design, install, configure, implement, maintain and support the network infrastructure to meet the technical demands of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in managing computer network and related computer equipment. Installing, supporting and maintaining server hardware and software infrastructure; Identifying system improvements by evaluating system performance; upgrading, installing, and configuring systems; monitoring system performance;
• Install and upgrade network routers, switches, firewalls, VPN devices and assist with desktop hardware and software; Upgrades system performance by tuning and configuring the system; Responsible for allocating network resources;
• Assist and educate network users;
• Research and recommend new hardware purchases, suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems; Working with vendors and business units on department and company projects to accomplish information systems and Masimo company goals; Testing, evaluating, and installing new software and systems;
• Manage network backup system; Preparing and testing disaster recovery procedures;
• Undertaking routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security and intrusion detection; Prepares technical and user documentation and training materials;
• Ensure highest 24 hour/7 day week IT critical system availability;
• Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking projects working closely with other departments and collaborating with other IT staff;
• Establishing network standard practices and procedures. Assist in software development of Masimo processes;
• Assist in maintaining company compliance with federal regulations and implementing best practice standards in information technology processes and procedures;
• Performs other duties or special projects as assigned;
• 5 to 7 years of related experience, in client/server technical environment;
• Customer focused;
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop OS and other standard PC applications;
• Extensive knowledge of PC hardware and software configurations;
• Experience in analysis, installation, and testing of software packages;
• Advanced experience in Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco (ISE, Nexus Switches), WAN and LAN
• Advanced experience in administration of Microsoft Server environment and Active Directory;
• Knowledge of networking protocols and services and Ethernet hardware, including routers and hubs;
• Extensive experience with Microsoft XP and Windows 2000/2003/7 client/server environment;
• Experience in remote access servers and VPN;
• Ability to work independently, and with moderate supervision;
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written; Experience with documentation of processes;
• Excellent problem-solving ability, technical and analytical skills;
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.