C2 Systems is currently seeking a Senior level Network Engineer to join our Wireless LAN Team. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and have the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Existing knowledge and hands on experience with large both Wired and Wireless Networks is required.
Applicants must possess strong technical aptitude and be comfortable working in high pressure situations. The candidate will be interacting with customers and co-workers on a daily basis and must be able to effectively communicate and represent the company in a professional manner. This position will require the individual to be in the field 25% to 50% of the time. The candidate must be willing to travel with overnight stays up to 25% of the time and be available for night shifts when needed. This is a full-time position that averages at least 40 hours per week.
• Take the lead on WiFi/WLAN network designs, integrations, activations and monitoring projects
• Assist in monitoring and maintaining large scale commercial WiFi network deployments
• Work hands-on with system components such as Access Points, Wireless LAN Controllers, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, DHCP/DNS Servers
• Building, Maintaining and Updating internal and customer documentation
• Perform system testing and benchmarking using industry standard tools such as a Ekahau, OmniPeek, etc.
• Assist in developing tools to monitor, maintain and configure commercial WiFi Deployments
• Participate in Tier 2/ Tier 3 On Call Support
• Multi-task projects on a day-to-day basis
• Interface with Customers and Stake Holders on a daily basis
• Travel to various job sites within the continental United States
• 4 year college degree with relevant coursework.
• Up to 5 years of related experience.
• Must have previous hands on experience with designing, commissioning, monitoring and maintaining of WiFi Networks.
• Strong understanding of WiFi Network Architecture
• Must be familiar with various OEM’s such as Cisco, Extreme Networks, Aruba, or Fortinet.
• Experience with Cisco ASA or FirePower Series Firewalls, Fortinet Fortigate NGFWs
• Must be familiar and have experience with deploying and maintaining the following protocols/technologies:
o 802.11, CAPWAP, RADIUS, EAP, SNMP, DHCP, DNS, NTP, IKE, IPSEC, VRRP, LACP,
• Strong Troubleshooting and Analytical skills
• Experience with industry standard tools such as Ekahau, AirMagnet, AirCheck G2, Wireshark, OmniPeek
• Experience with Python for data analysis and network automation tasks
• Any of the following certifications:
o Extreme Networks
o Aruba Networks
• Ability to develop and deploy solutions to complex problems
• Ability to receive and give direction on an as needed basis.
• Understanding of RF principles/theory (signal path, power, frequency, noise, modulations, etc.)
• Knowledge of WiFi optimization techniques and best practices.
• Have the desire to learn and advance within a technical field.
• Proficient in various computer applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
With more than a decade of experience, customers rely on C2 Systems for projects at high visibility venues. When challenges and problems arise, our superior understanding of the technology is why customers call C2 Systems.
At C2 Systems we understand that our continued success is made possible by the dedication, enthusiasm, and teamwork of our employees. Our fast-paced environment provides the opportunity for self-motivated individuals to take on challenges and a make difference within our organization and the industry.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.