Senior Payroll Analyst
Rakuten, Inc. is the largest ecommerce company in Japan, and third largest ecommerce marketplace worldwide. We seek to empower merchants to deliver Omotenashi, a hospitality mindset, which helps sellers create lasting relationships with customers. Along with the global marketplaces, Rakuten supports an ever expanding list of acquisitions and strategic investments in disruptive industries and growing markets.
At Rakuten, we offer competitive salaries, benefits, annual bonuses, a stocked kitchen, and a dynamic office environment. We love investing in our people and when it comes down to it, we think our entire team is pretty awesome. As a technology focused company, we understand the importance of an energizing atmosphere that promotes collaboration and innovation.
Reporting to the Rakuten USA, Inc. Accounting & Finance Director, this role will be responsible for the payroll administration of several Rakuten group companies.
Job Duties include the following:
• Manage the semi-monthly payroll process and ensure payroll is processed accurately and on a timely basis.
• Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax systems and procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
• Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 5,000 employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
• Liaise with the HR department on an ongoing basis. Where appropriate assists HR to ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and
terminations is accurate and timely
• Proactively communicate with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile payroll data
• Manage preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.), as applicable
• Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
• Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
• Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
• Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Payroll Manager Skills and Qualifications:
4+ years experience managing a multi-state payroll department
Excellent communication skills
Extensive knowledge of Workday and OneSource Virtual (OSV) or Alight
Proficient with MS Office (especially Excel)
Current working experience of payroll tax at the federal, state and local levels
Must be a team player, proactive and highly organized
Apply now to have the opportunity to be considered for similar jobs at leading companies in the Seen network for FREE.
Zero stress and one profile that can connect you directly to 1000s of companies.
We’ll take it from there. After you tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll show you off to matches.
Boost your interview skills, map your tech career and seal the deal with 1:1 career coaching.
Join now and Be Seen.